I actually changed the recipe a bit. I added the fruit to the primary fermentor after main fermentation was done (about a week). It then bubbled a bit more to ferment the sugars from the fruit. After three weeks in primary, I racked off to secondary. But if you put the fruit in secondary, I would rack off to tertiary for a couple of days just to separate the fruit gunk from the beer. Also, I did add yeast in the bottling bucket. I just got a pack of S-04 dry yeast and sprinkled it in when I added the priming sugar. I then gently stirred it up without splashing to mix the yeast and sugar. The yeast didn't mix too well so you might try hydrating it in some warm water before adding it.