Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Fruit Beer > All-Grain - Wild Strawberry Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #171
wakers3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer View Post
Lol.. pink beer!! Hmmmm... Green beer for St. Patrick's day, pink beer for... Um, Valentine's day? You may be on to something here.
I am thinking pink beer for ...you guessed it, Breast Enhancement Awareness Day.

I am a few days away from going to tertiary on the extract version - much thanks to Blue for the PM replies. My OG was a little on the high side, but the sample I pulled when racking onto the berries was tasty enough. I admit that I tried in my mind to add some strawberry taste while drinking it. Anyway, this should be in the bottle at my house just in time for the event I brewed it for - the birth of my third daughter. I purchased red caps and made my first labels for this brew, so there are pretty high expectations.

I will be doing my first BIAB all grain this weekend, so I can see this AG version being added to whatever brews are in my future between diaper changes and pistol cleanings.

YOUR MY BOY, BLUE!

(always looking for a reason to say that, sorry)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #172
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1911 Times on 1889 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontiercdk View Post
Just racked mine to the secondary after ten days in the primary. Is the 12 days a must? If not, what would be the minimum time I can leave it on the berries and still get the full taste?

The berries sure looked good floating in the beer!
One week on berries is plenty. I wouldn't suggest less than 5, but that's just a guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrockmo View Post
Hello, I'm very new here and to brewing. I have done two batches so far, an American Pale Ale and a Summer Ale. Both from kits and both extracts. This sounds like something that would be a great summer drink on the deck with friends. Question is do you have an extract version of the recipe for a 5 gallon batch size? Thanks!
Do a seach for Succulent Strawberry Blonde in the repices section. It's Bluelinebrewer's recipe and it's what I based this one on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakers3 View Post
I am thinking pink beer for ...you guessed it, Breast Enhancement Awareness Day.

I am a few days away from going to tertiary on the extract version - much thanks to Blue for the PM replies. My OG was a little on the high side, but the sample I pulled when racking onto the berries was tasty enough. I admit that I tried in my mind to add some strawberry taste while drinking it. Anyway, this should be in the bottle at my house just in time for the event I brewed it for - the birth of my third daughter. I purchased red caps and made my first labels for this brew, so there are pretty high expectations.

I will be doing my first BIAB all grain this weekend, so I can see this AG version being added to whatever brews are in my future between diaper changes and pistol cleanings.

YOUR MY BOY, BLUE!

(always looking for a reason to say that, sorry)
Congrats on the kid! Good luck with the brews.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #173
frontiercdk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok, racked off the secondary into a keg last night. Stuck keg in the frigerator to crash chill. If I were to run it through a .5 micron filter you think I could skip the tertiary? Im trying to get this ready for the weekend. You were right, smells GREAT! and PINK.

before.jpg   after.jpg   pink.jpg  

Old 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #174
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontiercdk
Ok, racked off the secondary into a keg last night. Stuck keg in the frigerator to crash chill. If I were to run it through a .5 micron filter you think I could skip the tertiary? Im trying to get this ready for the weekend. You were right, smells GREAT! and PINK.
I dont recommend skipping tertiary. I did this in the last batch. Went straight from secondary to the keg. It doesnt taste right. More like a strawberry wine cooler than beer. This beer really needs the extra week or two of aging before being carbed up. I wont skip it again.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #175
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Hey Blue, I guess mine wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I took the keg of this and two other kegs to a party Saturday night. All three kegs kicked! I'm out of beer now. bwahahahaha Oh well. Time to brew.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #176
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Hey Blue, I guess mine wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I took the keg of this and two other kegs to a party Saturday night. All three kegs kicked! I'm out of beer now. bwahahahaha Oh well. Time to brew.
Good to hear!! I've got some samples I need to send your way!

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #177
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Would love to try them.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #178
ajlee
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I used the "search this thread" option before asking the question but didn't see it. Anyone try this with all cascade? I currently have a lot of it on hand. Do you think it's worth picking up some Saaz?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #179
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Im sure Cascade would give it a nice citrusy flavor/aoma. Certainly cant hurt. I use Saaz because i like it ha

Old 12-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #180
fifthcircle
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Since your first hop addition is at 60 min there is no need for a longer boil. You are just boiling off good beer for no reason.
It is advised to boil longer with Pilsner malt, to drive off DMS. The lighter the kilning of the malt, the more likely it is to produce DMS is your finished beer. Pilsner malt is VERY LIGHTLY kilned, and it is always a good idea to boil a bit longer. Unless you like the cooked corn flavor in your beer.

Looks like a pretty good recipe, and I might have to give it a whirl. I will most likely do a 10gal batch, and put 5 on Strawberries, and 5 on something else...I'm thinking PEACH!

Oh, and I love Safale US-05 Yeast. Hater's gonna hate, but that stuff has been rock solid reliable for me, every time I use it!

Cheers,
5th

Quick Reply