Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Fruit Beer > Extract - Succulent Strawberry Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #511
SupervisingChildren
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 338 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was thinking of adding other fruit too like bananas. Maybe even kiwi and / or some other stuff. Think I'll tamper with the second batch and see what happens. Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #512
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupervisingChildren View Post
I was thinking of adding other fruit too like bananas. Maybe even kiwi and / or some other stuff. Think I'll tamper with the second batch and see what happens. Any thoughts?
I've thought long and hard about trying another fruit, just haven't done it yet. I'm not sure about the bananas, but I really think the kiwi would be amazing! If you try it, let me know. Hell, I might just do it myself!

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #513
RitalinIV
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Banana-flavored beer is something I am familiar with... as an off taste
No on the banana for me but a big "hell yes" on the kiwi! Other than the super-small seeds, it sounds like a great and original idea. If I could ever find them fresh, I have always wanted to brew a passion fruit ale myself.

Keep us posted,

-Ritalin

Primary- Zilch
Yes, this is getting too long...

Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #514
DixonBeer75
Recipes 

I actually made what I called an Island Hopper which was a pretty bold IPA. I used banana and coconut extract in the boil. I had some friend who are major hop heads who lived it and some others that weren't big fans. I feel you should always try things once, I know I will make this brew again. I thought it was a great summer IPA and I'm not against making it for the winter either. Next on my list to brew Pumpkin Lager "Jack-O-Lager and Toasted Coconut Chocolate Stout.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #515
RitalinIV
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I tried this batch the first time last night. It was purely AWESOME! the first thing you smell as you bring the glass to your lips is strawberry. As you go for your first pull, you think, "man, this is going to be ridiculously overpowering with strawberries." It is totally not! It is magic. I could still taste the hops in the background too.

I had to cut my neighbors off in order to save some for later. Great recipe! Thanks again fro sharing!

-Ritalin

Primary- Zilch
Yes, this is getting too long...

Old 09-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #516
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitalinIV View Post
I tried this batch the first time last night. It was purely AWESOME! the first thing you smell as you bring the glass to your lips is strawberry. As you go for your first pull, you think, "man, this is going to be ridiculously overpowering with strawberries." It is totally not! It is magic. I could still taste the hops in the background too.

I had to cut my neighbors off in order to save some for later. Great recipe! Thanks again fro sharing!

-Ritalin
Glad you like it!! Its always been a crowd pleaser around here.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #517
scrub0bk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just brewed this last night, made a big mistake though and pitched at too high of a temp. im at 1.060 as of now, going to keep an eye on it for about 3 days and see what happens. Think it is salvageable? i dont really want to dump, but i dont really want to waste another batch of yeast and the strawberries. i need to be more careful

Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #518
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

How high was your temp when you pitched?

Old 11-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #519
scrub0bk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer View Post
How high was your temp when you pitched?
honestly, im not sure. the bucket was slightly warm to the touch. Major F-up on my part. I didnt have a thermometer, but i ordered one right away so that this won't happen again. The wort was cooling for a good hour in an ice bath and it had the gallon of cold water added at that point. I didnt realize how warm it was because the cold water threw me off.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #520
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub0bk View Post

honestly, im not sure. the bucket was slightly warm to the touch. Major F-up on my part. I didnt have a thermometer, but i ordered one right away so that this won't happen again. The wort was cooling for a good hour in an ice bath and it had the gallon of cold water added at that point. I didnt realize how warm it was because the cold water threw me off.
Give it another 24 hours and check your SG. If it hasn't dropped at all, I'd say repitch your yeast and see what happens. It could cause some off flavors, but, then again it may not. I definitely wouldnt pitch the wort at this point!

Quick Reply