Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Fruit Beer > Extract - Succulent Strawberry Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #391
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossacks19 View Post
Just kegged a slightly modified version of this on Saturday and had a taste. I brew 10 gallons with a buddy and we split into two 5 gallons. Both loved the taste right out of the fermenter, and we are usually IPA drinkers. Wife loved it too and said she can't wait until its carbed, she doesn't usually like the stuff we make. Awesome thanks guys!!!
Good to hear! Yeah, the ladies tend to like this one! How'd you modify the recipe? If you don't mind me asking.

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #392
Chavi
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 34

It's finally ready and delicious!!!

image.jpg  
Secondary 2: Empty
Keg 1: Zombie Dust Clone
Keg 2: Succulent Strawberry Blonde
Bottled: Graham Cracker Ale, Chianti, Peach Mead, Merlot/Cabernet

Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #393
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavi View Post
It's finally ready and delicious!!!
Nice!!! Looks great!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #394
fyouberg
Recipes 

There isno mention of priming sugar in your recipe. Do the strawberries provide that or should it be added at bottling time?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #395
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1965 Times on 1931 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Add it at bottling like you would for any other beer.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #396
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Add it at bottling like you would for any other beer.
What he said...

I did have something happen on my latest batch that I've never had happen before... After adding the strawberries, I let it set for a week at about 60*, which is what my basement is at right now. I was concerned about a strawberry volcano, so I left it in the basement. I didn't see any blowoff activity for the entire time it was down there, but I did get a big whiff of CO2 one night while taking a "smell sample". I racked off the strawberries, and put it in a tertiary and let it set for a week at about 68*. I noticed airlock activity for the entire week! Even when I went to cold crash, it was still popping bubbles every 10 seconds or so. I took a hydro reading and it was at 1.008, which is what it was when I transferred to the tertiary.. So, I assume I'm good to go. I can't imagine whatever sugars were added to the mix wouldn't be fermented out in a week... sure hope I don't have bottle bombs!!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #397
vhanley
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer View Post
It is a long time... Probably way too long. I'd say a week is plenty good enough. The first time I brewed this, I got busy and just didn't have time to bottle, so it ended up being there for a month. The second time I brewed it I only left it in for about two weeks, but I think you could get away with a week. Maybe some other guys will chime in on this...
Son of a $%^!!!! Ok, need a few opinions on this one. Like I said before I adjusted. Wanted a more muted flavor so went with 5 lbs instead of 8 and went fresh instead of frozen. Didn't blend, just chopped myself....MISTAKE! There's not even a hint of strawberry flavor and I racked to the tertiary a week and a half ago. I'm considering buying a bag of frozen and racking onto them and leaving another week or two. Thoughts?

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #398
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1965 Times on 1931 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhanley

Son of a $%^!!!! Ok, need a few opinions on this one. Like I said before I adjusted. Wanted a more muted flavor so went with 5 lbs instead of 8 and went fresh instead of frozen. Didn't blend, just chopped myself....MISTAKE! There's not even a hint of strawberry flavor and I racked to the tertiary a week and a half ago. I'm considering buying a bag of frozen and racking onto them and leaving another week or two. Thoughts?
If you want to add more berries, i cant see what it would hurt. Just treat your terrtiary as your secondary and start over. The beer is finished. At this point all you are trying to do is add strawberry flavor. Make sure everything is sanitized and be very carefule not oxygenate the beer with the additional transfers.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #399
cossacks19
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer

Good to hear! Yeah, the ladies tend to like this one! How'd you modify the recipe? If you don't mind me asking.
Nothing to different I just had a few different hops that I needed to use. Off the top of my head I think I used a little Cascade. I made sure the ibu's were about the same though.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #400
cossacks19
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I usually get pretty clear beers but this one I don't think it will ever clear up. I assume its the berries, is that correct?

Quick Reply