Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Fruit Beer > Extract - Succulent Strawberry Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #31
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1898 Times on 1877 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Update...removed from the fridge after 5 days, brought back up to room temp for two days and bottled today. The aroma is still great and it has more strawberry flavor than I expected. I will probably open one or two next weekend because I am impatient, but I'm sure it won't be ready for at least two weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #32
bckyrdkid420
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Did the cold crash really help clear up the beer? If so, what temp did you cc it at?

...I've got this beer in primary right now... gonna be racking it to the strawberries in a few days here... Really stoked to hear how yours turns out!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #33
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it

Recipes 

I held it at 46 +/- It seemes to have cleared up a little but with all the strawberries that were in it, I'm not sure this one is ever going to get completely clear. We'll know in 2 weeks! I will say that in the Better Bottle it appeared to be slightly pink but as I was syphoning it off it seems to have a nice golden color too it. I'll keep you posted.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #34
crypt0
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My strawberry never cleared. I may have underpitched or something, but I gave it probably 2-3 months.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #35
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it

Recipes 

crypt0...how did you do the strawberries? Did you rack onto fresh or frozen or use a concentrate? If fresh or frozen, how many pounds did you use? What was your ferment schedule?

Old 06-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #36
crypt0
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used about 6 pounds of strawberries. Racked onto frozen. I did blend them before hand which likely made a difference in terms of clarity, but it didnt wokr very well because some were still frozen

Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #37
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it

Recipes 

That sucks and I bet the blending did have something to do with it. Mine looked very pink and cloudy in the terttiary fermenter but as I was racking it into the bottling bucket it was relatively clear and a nice golden color. So hopefully cold crashing it worked.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #38
crypt0
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hopefully, good luck

Old 06-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #39
bckyrdkid420
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So I racked onto 8lbs of FROZEN strawberries... But now I'm kinda tripping cause wasn't sure if you guys let the strawberries defrost and get to room temp before racking onto them???? Woke up this morning and the temp was like in the 40's!! I know it's gonna eventually warm back up... but will that hurt anything bringing it down that cold before it's completely fermented? And once it warms back up, is that when I can expect the fermentation to happen again?

Thanks!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it

Recipes 

Wouldn't worry about that at all. It's the same way I did it but fermentation was complete by the time I racked it onto the strawberries, so I never gave it a thought.

Update...Couldn't wait any longer. I put one in the freezer to try it. I knew it was too soon but I've been waiting long enough. DAMN! First thing that hit me was strawberry. It was strong! The color is nice. It's a deep golden, with maybe a slight hint of red. The aroma has subsided and is not overpowering like it was. But the taste! WOW. I really think it is going to mellow out a little, and I kind of hope it does as it's pretty strong right now. After a few sips it didn't seem as strong though. Maybe I shocked my tastebuds! Anyway, it's pretty damn good and is only going to get better! Update again in a week or so.

Quick Reply