Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Fruit Beer > Extract - Succulent Strawberry Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #321
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1893 Times on 1872 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer View Post
It has happened... I brewed today! Just letting ya know..
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I brewed it last weekend. I'll rack onto the berries on Sat or Sun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #322
Quesplosive
Recipes 

How long do you guys bottle condition for it to start tasting real good? Its drinkable now but it def has room to improve on. Its the middle thats lacking. The end is the fruit (I wish I had did the lactose step due to tartness).

Old 04-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #323
Bluelinebrewer

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Mine started to really mellow out at about 4 weeks.

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #324
JRapp
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I just racked this recipe on my 7 1/2 lbs frozen strawberries, base tasted ok but fermented to about 1005 and tasted sort of dry....on brew day I drank too much and didnt add my 1lb DME till way after I was supposed too. Anyway, I would like to add some lactose to make it a tad sweater, Could I add the lactose when I rack it off the strawberries?

Also, its now at about 49 F since I basically racked onto 8 pounds of ice cubes, I have it in my warmer upstairs now(65-70) but usually keep my beers in my 55 F Basement. What external temp should I keep it at for best results? Warm upstairs or cool downstairs? I am useing Wyeast american ale 2.
Thanks!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #325
Bluelinebrewer

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRapp View Post
I just racked this recipe on my 7 1/2 lbs frozen strawberries, base tasted ok but fermented to about 1005 and tasted sort of dry....on brew day I drank too much and didnt add my 1lb DME till way after I was supposed too. Anyway, I would like to add some lactose to make it a tad sweater, Could I add the lactose when I rack it off the strawberries?
I'm not really sure on this one, so ill let someone else a little more experienced handle that one. The strawberries will impart a little more sweetness, so I'd definitely taste it after its done on the berries before you do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRapp View Post
Also, its now at about 49 F since I basically racked onto 8 pounds of ice cubes, I have it in my warmer upstairs now(65-70) but usually keep my beers in my 55 F Basement. What external temp should I keep it at for best results? Warm upstairs or cool downstairs? I am useing Wyeast american ale 2.
Thanks!
I think you're ok keeping it upstairs. I kept mine in the basement, which was around 68ish. Wyeast AA2 is a great yeast on this brew! Good luck!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #326
caustin
Recipes 

So, I started this on Tuesday and I'm having a hard time deciding whether to leave it as just a blonde or put it on strawberries. I was thinking doing this on strawberries and doing a batch of the centennial blonde. Or is that not enough variety for summer?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #327
Bluelinebrewer

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caustin View Post
So, I started this on Tuesday and I'm having a hard time deciding whether to leave it as just a blonde or put it on strawberries. I was thinking doing this on strawberries and doing a batch of the centennial blonde. Or is that not enough variety for summer?
The only thing better than a blonde, is a strawberry blonde! Put it on the strawberries! And do the centennial! And find 2 or 10 more recipes to make. You can NEVER have enough of a variety!!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #328
AustinFromTexas
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Brewing up my second batch of this delicious recipe, and it will proudly be the first beer I'll ever keg! gonna be brewing this alot with BBQ season is just around the corner!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #329
Bluelinebrewer

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Glad you like it!! I've never got to keg any yet, still stuck in the stone age of bottling!! I'm currently working on an all-grain version as well... Cant wait to see how it turns out!

Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #330
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it

Recipes 

Liked 1893 Times on 1872 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yea i cant wait to see how it turns out too! Bwahahahaha