I am new to Homebrewing, and after making a "kit" brown ale- I wanted to make something different and came accross this. Since I am new I made a mistake, as I added too much water to my primary when I was topping it off afte the wort chilled. I had nearly 6 gallons that went into the primary which gave me an OG of 1.042. Just racked to the secondary and the gravity reading was 1.012 after 1 week. The only change I made was I added 2 lbs of fresh raspberries and 1 lb of 'mixed berries' hoping some of the strawberries and blueberries would cut some of the tartness I have read. Also added was 1/4 cup of blackberry schnapps after freezing the berries and pectic enzime 2 1/2 tspns. I do not have a FG as I just put it into the secondary, but it is slowly fermenting again after the addition to fruit and schnapps. Looking forward to trying the finished product.