Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Fruit Beer > All-Grain - Apricot Blond.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I am coming to your house. It has been over a year since I've had one of these homebrewed!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
Dukeone
Recipes 

I did the same kit, extract though. I got it from Northern Brewer. I added the purée on day 3, skipped the secondary, and kegged at two weeks. I cold crashed it overnight and then filtered it into a clean keg with the whole bottle of extract. Came out real nice and disappeared real fast. I did compare it against a bottle of the real stuff and was surprised that the real thing actually had slightly more apricot flavor. Mine was real nice with that hint of apricot, just slightly less fruit forward. When I filtered it most of what was caught in the filter ,i.e., clogged it pretty good, was the purée. I suspect if I wouldn't have filtered it the apricot flavor would have been closer the the original. I didn't have any sediment though. It's going to be in my keezer year round though, so I'll probably do it unfiltered next time for comparison. I highly recommend the kit, the recipe, and the real product.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #33
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Mine is very cloudy, often with apricot "floaties" is ok, cause it tastes so good!

This recipe also works with peach and cherry... And likely anything that you could match purée and extract!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #34
Themats
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Brewed 10 gallons of this recently. Substituted the Wyeast Belgian Wit and added one cup of turbinado sugar to a 90 minute boil. The OG was 1.54 and FG was 1.004 for an ABV of 6.7%. Put the extract in one carboy and skipped it in the other. Overall I think I like the beer without the extract better. It's really just as flavorful as the beer with it, and doesn't have the slightly "off" taste from the extract. Great summer beer that is very popular with all tasters. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Quick Reply