Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Strong Ale > All-Grain - Imperial Honey Porter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #91
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Fox View Post
I figure a month in the primary then rack to the carboy (my secondary) and forget it until I return.
Seems fine. As long as you add some fresh yeast at bottling you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #92
stalewater
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccharomyces View Post
Seems fine. As long as you add some fresh yeast at bottling you should be fine.
SO i quoted you because i wanted to get your advice, I want to make this beer BAD, but i have a question about the honey. I didnt read anywhere on here wether the honey came through or not, you did mention not to use wildflower honey cuz it was funky. I read or heard some where thet you could add honey at high Krausen to preserve some of the flavor and aroma as well as make it a starged addition so the yeast will work on that harder to break down maltose. Do you have any advice for me. THank you and cheers!!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #93
stalewater
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Well after no answer i went ahead and brewed this beer yersterday, over shot the og it came out 1.100 on the nose, made this for a event here in memphis called the cooper young regional beer fest. I went with the wyeast 1028 london ale. I've had luck with this in the past attenuating big beers so i hope i have luck again!! cant wait to drink this bad boy, saac how long did it sit before you kegged it! Either way i got two months

Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #94
mux
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I made 5 gallons of this on Sunday. I haven't read all the posts but is any one aging this at all?

Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #95
JMBrew78
Recipes 

Start the #1 recipe today with Soper. 1095 with camelthorn honey. I'll post again once we taste it..
Thank you sir!
Cheers,
John

Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #96
MattyPBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Brewed this as my first brew ever back in October. Followed the initial recipe on here to the letter with the lone exception being the honey at about 40oz (which was an accident). I gave it three weeks primary with no secondary and pitched with 1 1/2 pkg US-05. OG 1.082 and FG 1.018 (a bit off but I never brewed a thing before going all grain so I hear that's pretty solid). I kegged it and boy do I wish I had given it just a few extra weeks to condition before cosumption. After about 2 weeks it tasted so amazing and was unfortunately at the bottom of the barrel. Will make this again for sure.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #97
Stocktonbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I brewed this today. OG was 1.090. It was also my first time using pellet hops. I must say I did not get the hop aroma that I usually notice when I brew with whole hops. This makes me a little nervous, but it was a lot easier. It looks so good! Waiting will be hard with this one.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #98
Artegal
Recipes 

Planning on making this (pretty much the original recipe, with the added SpecialB) with two medium toast American oak spirals I soaked in a batch of traditional mead for six weeks. I'm going to add the mead infused spirals to the secondary to soak for six weeks in this honey porter. Can't wait, but I'm going to have!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #99
rjthomas21
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Definitely a rookie question... How do I go from converting the recipe from % into lbs so I can get the correct OG for a 5.5G batch?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #100
Stocktonbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I brewed this back in february and just opened my first bottle. my final gravity was a bit high so the ABV is 9%. It is full of flavor and easy to drink. by far the best porter I have had. Thanks for the recipe! This is a dangerous beer.

Quick Reply