So this ended up being a bit under carbed, a fiasco I have been fighting on over/under as my DME for priming is unlabeled so I don't know its attenuation. Switched to corn sugar now, so no problems there.
Sitting at 5 months now, and oh is this tasty. Entering it in the local county fair, first competition, hoping to get some good notes. If I did this again I would use a different brand of candi syrup, will see how SUU's syrups work out on another brew.
I did a side-by side, and these were the differences:
-Real had a white head, mine had a slightly tan head
-Real had more deep fruit and cherry nose, mine had more dark sugar / caramel
-Mouth feel same
-Body slightly lighter on the real, but I upped my candi syrup from the recipe as I wanted a bit more towards the R10 than the R8
All in all a great brew, just could use more of those fruit tones than we all love from Belgian dark ales.