Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian Strong Ale > All-Grain - The Rabbi (pseudo-clone of Avery's The Reverend) -- Belgian Quad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
butterpants
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 44

any suggestions on the software that does conversions and handles them well.... few beer proggies out there on the interwebs....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #22
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

There is a Brewing Software forum. I would start with the 7 pages in the sticky thread that describe all of the different programs and what they do.

And now you see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #23
RonPopeil
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBrewB View Post
I think the problem is the limited types of extract. It is like reproducing a complex dish from a good restaurant, using limited ingredients from a small grocery store.

that said, I think some of the brewing software will do those conversions for you to get as close as possible.

BTW, my batch has that band aid home brew taste...pretty disappointing. first time that has happened to me since switching to AG. from what i can find, this particular off flavor is usually caused by Belgian yeast strains and/or bad temp control during fermentation.
i've been under the impression that bandaid/medicine was chlorophenols. you would have to have a chlorine source somewhere. water filter on its way out, unrinsed bleach sanitizer, stuff like that.

Pipeline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Homebrewing as a way to save money is like getting married as a way to always have sex.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonPopeil View Post
i've been under the impression that bandaid/medicine was chlorophenols. you would have to have a chlorine source somewhere. water filter on its way out, unrinsed bleach sanitizer, stuff like that.
You could def be right but I always seemed to get that off flavor from extract batches, even living in two very different regions.

I will say that this is the first time the flavor subsided over a couple weeks and it turned into a real crowd pleaser.

And now you see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb!

Old 01-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #25
kharper6
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

1.020 is a heck of a beer!

I'm interested in trying this, is that FG accurate? I really like Delirium for its dryness, I'd imagine this is a total different beast.

Quick Reply