Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian Strong Ale > Multiple - The Pious - Westvleteren 12 style quad - multiple

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #231
CSI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 123

Default Candi Syrup, Inc. launching in June 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by saq View Post
Sounds great, I'm about to brew a new batch, when can I get 3lbs of D180 for my quad
In response to requests we've worked to move our release date to June this year, (rather than October). We will not be at full volume capacity in June but we will be able to provide home brewers D-90 and D-180. For those micro-breweries who have made requests, October will still be our target date for volume Belgian style syrups.

Anyone can go out to our new corporate info site, (which will also be a direct order site in June), to register for a free 1lb sample. (saq, we can get you what you need for a full batch of Westy 12. Make sure and note your homebrewtalk id name "saq" on the online form so we'll know).

Go to www.candisyrup.com, select the menu Contact->Request a Sample and register. Once you register you're guaranteed for the sample of D-180. A shipping payment request will be sent over email before we send the sample out in June. The shipping cost will be nominal.

Below is a snapshot of our promotional containers of D-180.

Candi Syrup, Inc.
www.candisyrup.com
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #232
Tall_Yotie
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Hey Since, thanks for the recipe! I will have to try it. May have to do it once with the lower quality syrup to try out the recipe, and see the light when yours stuff is available for purchase!

On the Saq recipe, I followed the New World, got it down to 1.014 (good enough), and is near point to bottle. It tastes good, but I cracked open a Westy12 two nights ago (I have 6, boo ya!) and my brew seemed to lack the deep dark fruit flavor and aroma that makes Westy12 so damned awesome. It seemed that at the 2 month mark it was good to go from what I was reading. Do I need to let this go in the bottles for a few months to get those deeper fruit notes that I am seeking?

And back to you Since, seems I missed the promo period. Ah well, will have to get some from you anyway come the release date!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 AM   #233
menisale
Recipes 

Brewed the Pious New World recipe today. Thank you Saq for the recipe and all of the advice.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #234
saq
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Yotie View Post
Hey Since, thanks for the recipe! I will have to try it. May have to do it once with the lower quality syrup to try out the recipe, and see the light when yours stuff is available for purchase!

On the Saq recipe, I followed the New World, got it down to 1.014 (good enough), and is near point to bottle. It tastes good, but I cracked open a Westy12 two nights ago (I have 6, boo ya!) and my brew seemed to lack the deep dark fruit flavor and aroma that makes Westy12 so damned awesome. It seemed that at the 2 month mark it was good to go from what I was reading. Do I need to let this go in the bottles for a few months to get those deeper fruit notes that I am seeking?

And back to you Since, seems I missed the promo period. Ah well, will have to get some from you anyway come the release date!
Part of it is D1 is really sweet and not super deep dark fruit character, the D2 helps some but doesn't really do the trick. I'd love to see what I can do with D180.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #235
CSI

Recipes 

Quote:
Part of it is D1 is really sweet and not super deep dark fruit character, the D2 helps some but doesn't really do the trick. I'd love to see what I can do with D180.
D-180 has both dark toasted flavors and the very, very rich dark fruit flavors as well. The dark fruit flavors show even more in the beer after a few weeks racked. The delivery run of D-180 for the promotion is being packaged now . Delivery for some will come early.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #236
smokinghole

Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Well if sample delivery it soon enough I will use it for at least a portion of the westy I'm planning brewing. I have a full compliment of D2 but may supplement to at least add some of the dark fruit flavors that I keep hearing the D180 has.

Going through life is hard.
Going through life stupid is harder.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #237
CSI

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinghole View Post
Well if sample delivery it soon enough I will use it for at least a portion of the westy I'm planning brewing. I have a full compliment of D2 but may supplement to at least add some of the dark fruit flavors that I keep hearing the D180 has.
We're advancing the June promotional delivery of D-180 to May. Some will receive theirs earlier in May and others later in the month.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #238
Tall_Yotie
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
That was my concern. Again, the real draw of the Westy12 was the dark fruit notes that come through. I am going to keep attempting the brew until I get it right. May be years, but I will do it, because if I can it will be a staple.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #239
CSI

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Yotie View Post
That was my concern. Again, the real draw of the Westy12 was the dark fruit notes that come through. I am going to keep attempting the brew until I get it right. May be years, but I will do it, because if I can it will be a staple.
Tall_Yottie,

Feel free to send us a note at http://www.candisyrup.com/general-contact-form.html and if you want to leave us your mailing address info I'll get a gold-foil sealed pack of D-180 sent out to you. Make sure and let us know your HBT name so we know it's you.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #240
Tall_Yotie
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Danke, have now done so!

I will be certain to report the status of the brew once supplies are gathered and it has come to maturity. Luckily I have the real thing to compare it to, though I still and rather frugal on my samplings.

Quick Reply