I brewed this recipe Sunday (two days ago), except I added another ounce of hallertauer and used turbinado instead of belgian candy sugar.
I was a little confused about the volumes- mash with 17 quarts for roughly 13 lbs of grain, and sparge with another 17 quarts was a bit more than I'm used to doing, and I ended up with more volume than I'm accustomed to.
And, that Abbey Ale yeast is ferocious! Fermentation had begun before I went to bed (<6hrs) and this morning about 4am KABLOOEY, my airlock popped and yeast sprayed all over our coat closet/fermentation chamber. I think it was a combination of volume (it made probably 6gallons) and that yeast. I pitched it at 70 and it came up and stayed around 72...anyways, I rigged a blowoff hose and am hopeful this one will still turn out.