Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > SWMBO Slayer - Belgian Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #361
nghtmre4u
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher

You may have improved the beer. In which case you will want to document with great detail all of your screw-ups so you can repeat those screw-ups and repeat your brew with consistency.

Lol there is no way I can forget anything about this brew. My first ever all grain batch wasn't as bad as this one. Maybe the problem as i look back on this brew day was i was sober :-)

On Tap: Edwort's Hause Ale, Circle City Haus Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Blueberry Wheat, Centennial Blonde
Fermenting: Rat Dawg Pale Ale, American Lager, Jamils Blonde
On Deck: Edwort's Bavarian Hefeweizen, Biermuncher's Your WIT-ness" Belgian wit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #362
nghtmre4u
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post

You may have improved the beer. In which case you will want to document with great detail all of your screw-ups so you can repeat those screw-ups and repeat your brew with consistency.

After a few more days on tap I had a few pints and all I can say is wow. My dad tried it and said that's pretty damned good. So needless to say I will be brewing this again this weekend and I will cold crash this again near freezing for3 weeks like I did this time. Not sure if it makes a difference but this is good stuff

On Tap: Edwort's Hause Ale, Circle City Haus Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Blueberry Wheat, Centennial Blonde
Fermenting: Rat Dawg Pale Ale, American Lager, Jamils Blonde
On Deck: Edwort's Bavarian Hefeweizen, Biermuncher's Your WIT-ness" Belgian wit

Old 01-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #363
Prior
Recipes 

Just picked up the ingredients for this one and looking forward to brewing it this weekend! My wife has been after me to make something she'll like and I think this is it!

Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #364
Coohang
Recipes 

Maybe a dumb question...is this brew meant to cloudy like a Wit or clear like a normal blonde ale?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #365
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coohang View Post
Maybe a dumb question...is this brew meant to cloudy like a Wit or clear like a normal blonde ale?
Cloudy like a wit. That said, ANY beer left in the keg at chilled temps long enough will clear. I once entered my "Your WITness" into a comp that had been sitting around for 6-7 months. Scored great on all aspects except appearance. "Too clear" they said.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #366
AMBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Do you think using Safbrew SB-06 would come close on an AG batch?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #367
AMBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry meant WB-06

Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #368
saxowam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Default Fermented like crazy

So this was our third attempt at AG and first time with the new fermentation chamber, so as everyone said we set up the blowoff tube and nothing ever came out. No bubbles, no blowoff even after 3 days. I began to worry after everyone saying how crazy theirs fermented, so I decided to check SG. Apparently, completely missed all the excitement one night as it is down to 1.010 from 1.050 and tastes delicious after only 3 days. I'm definitely looking forward to when we actually get to drink this. Thanks for the recipe.

Primary: WIPA, Fig Quad, Winter Ale
Secondary: RIS on oak chips
Keg: Black Porter and then 6 sad empty kegs

Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #369
twalte
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxowam
So this was our third attempt at AG and first time with the new fermentation chamber, so as everyone said we set up the blowoff tube and nothing ever came out. No bubbles, no blowoff even after 3 days. I began to worry after everyone saying how crazy theirs fermented, so I decided to check SG. Apparently, completely missed all the excitement one night as it is down to 1.010 from 1.050 and tastes delicious after only 3 days. I'm definitely looking forward to when we actually get to drink this. Thanks for the recipe.
Wow...mine had a ton of kreusen and it's still there after 2+ weeks. I have not done a hydrometer reading, but surprised you had no kreusen at all.

Excited to try this one. This was my first time crushing my own grain...67 percent efficiency, so need to adjust my crush.

Update: In primary for 16 days and still at SG of 102.6. Twirled the carboy to rouse yeast and raised temp from 66 to 70 to see if I can get it to finish up. Still plenty of kreusen on top. Sample tasted phenomenal. VERY drinkable without being flavorless. I may dedicate one tap to this recipe alone.

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #370
Brewnoob1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I have a batch right now going with S-33 Edme yeast. Would there be any issues pitching this right on to that? It's not really a belgian style yeast but any ill effects or flavor changes that would be unpleasant doing this? I was also going to add orange peel to the boil.

Keg #1: Empty :(
Keg #2: Empty :(
Kegs 3-5: Empty :(

Ferment #1: Empty :(
Ferment #2: Empty :(
Ferment #3: Empty :(

On Deck: Something....Anything!!!

Quick Reply