Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > All-Grain - Revvy's Belgian Blonde (Leffe Clone)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #71
flabyboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

The boys at NB are doing open fermentation quite a bit and not with wild yeasts for lambics. They said infections haven't been a problem. You just need a good top cropping yeast and you need to move it out of the primary in 2-3 days. The fermentation goes much quicker when the yeast is exposed to more O2 and less pressure

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #72
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Here's what I'm thinking of for a 2.5 gallon batch of the honey blond experiment.

4 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) Bel
8.0 oz Munich Malt
2.7 oz Biscuit Malt
1.8 oz Melanoiden Malt
12.0 oz Honey Malt
5.3 oz Honey (1.0 SRM)

0.38 oz Styrian Goldings- Boil 60.0 min
0.20 oz Saaz- Boil 30.0 min

0.5 pkg Abbey Ale (White Labs #WLP530) [35.00 ml]

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #73
n2fooz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Looking for more info on the table sugar. Just dump it in for the last 15min or does something have to be done to it first? And by table sugar you mean just regular C&H Pure Cane Sugar?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #74
Revvy

Recipes 

I covered that in post 5 of this thread......I just dumped it in.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-20-2011, 03:11 AM   #75
n2fooz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the answer. I read post #5 but it was still unclear to me since I don't know what cadi sugar is or the difference in clear sugar. I didn't want to guess and screw this batch up.

Plain old granulated white cane sugar is what us mere mortals know it as.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #76
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2fooz View Post
Thanks for the answer. I read post #5 but it was still unclear to me since I don't know what cadi sugar is or the difference in clear sugar. I didn't want to guess and screw this batch up.

Plain old granulated white cane sugar is what us mere mortals know it as.
Yes for this puppy, plain sugar is fine. Though as I talked about yesterday and Sunday when I brewed this, I'm interested in honey and honey malt for a honey blonde.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #77
beowulf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Any updates on the honey blonde? Sounds interesting.

I'm looking forward to making this beer in a few months (it's 3-4th in line at this point). Besides being a solid beer in it's own right, I'm liking the idea of a good base brew for adding fruit. Not sure I'm going with peaches, though, after giving it some thought...just not sure they would be pronounced enough. Probably will look at raspberries, cherries or blueberries.

I could murder a pint! -Lovejoy

Old 10-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #78
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Any updates on the honey blonde? Sounds interesting.
I don't know when I'll get around to trying it. Probably not til the dead of winter when I'm looking for an inside small batch brew to do.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #79
starman
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Do you typically skip gypsum & Irish moss on this one? I've had my starter going for a while but life keeps getting in the way of brew time. Also planning on saving some of the cake and trying the honey version after the first batch finishes in a month.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #80
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 200 Posts

My batch will be going on tap this weekend. Brewed it back in July, and it's been in a keg for a month now under pressure. I've got a tap finally opening up, and this will be taking the spot. I'll report back next week on how my batch turned out.

Quick Reply