Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > All-Grain - Revvy's Belgian Blonde (Leffe Clone)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 AM   #251
sockmerchant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Sounds interesting with the hops, and the yeasts. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
The willamette is a little less than fresh, so doubt much will come from it apart from bittering. Tettnang... I love tettnang in Belgians

We'll see how it goes this time, but i generally find that like WLP530 better once its been harvested a couple of times.
Bottled:Belgian strong ale with brett, Belgian strong ale, Belg Amber, Belg blonde, Belg dark Strong, Belg not-wit, Belg tripel, berry blonde, belg stout, coffee dubbel, chili APA, APA, Belgian Dubbel, Rye (Brett) Saison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #252
starman
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Sounds interesting with the hops, and the yeasts. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Hey, that begs a question for you guys. What yeasts have you used on this? Every time I do this I use a different one, including harvest yeast, and so far nothing really beats the original yeast I used. What do you guys like? I think I need to get this back in rotation again...not sure if I want to use something new, or go back to old school on this.
1388 was nice if you want to mix it up.

3787/530 is hard to beat. Although I still swear they're not the same strain. 530 at 65 is a sneaky smooth brew.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #253
Harripo
Recipes 

Just wanted to say thanks, Revvy! Brewed this up last night and she's bubbling away as we speak. Really excited for this one because Leffe Blonde is my absolute favorite beer Thanks for the recipe!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #254
sockmerchant
Recipes 

Sampled some of the batch i brewed last month. Not bad. Wouldnt call mine a Leffe clone, but pretty good. Probably something in my process more than recipe.

I took about gallon put in a demijohn with frozen mixed berries, left it on there for a week and then bottled it. Had an early sample of that a couple of days ago and its excellent for a girly beer Will be better when fully carbed and conditioned a bit longer. I needed to know though.

Bottled:Belgian strong ale with brett, Belgian strong ale, Belg Amber, Belg blonde, Belg dark Strong, Belg not-wit, Belg tripel, berry blonde, belg stout, coffee dubbel, chili APA, APA, Belgian Dubbel, Rye (Brett) Saison
Revvy Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #255
Aa760
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just a quick shoutout for the recipe, Reverend! Came into some westmalle yeast and ran into this recipe as a good place to put it quick- didn't have room in the fermenter, either, so closet fermented it @ 72. It ramped up on it's own to 76 or so before coming back down as fermentation slowed. Am really diggin' it as the flavors come together and the yeast begins to shine! Never had leffe, but saw some at the store the other day, may have to pick it up if it is this good, and do a side by side. Thanks again!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #256
sockmerchant
Recipes 

A tasty brew. Cheers Revvy

Revvy Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #257
duboman
Recipes 

Liked 429 Times on 402 Posts
Likes Given: 199

So I entered this beer in the 18A category of the Babble Homebrew Comp which took place yesterday and it scored a 31! I was pretty pleased but thought it would do better, only 9 entries in the category and it did not place Score sheets should be out in the next week or two so I can review the comments-the beer is really fantastic and was hoping higher 30's at least and a placing-Thanks Revvy! Great beer!

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010

Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #258
moski
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Just brewed this one on 2-25-13. I used the modded recipe that rounded up the smaller additions to 8oz. I pitched WLP530 that I bought 3wks ago, been crazy trying to squeeze in a brew day.

Faint (wishful) activity after 12hrs, half inch of kruezen at 24hrs and tonight there's a solid 1.5 inch kruezen cap on the wort. No blowoff but I always use a blowoff tube anyway.

HBS got a new mill which gave a fine grind. My calc was 83% efficiency. Using stainless steel hop strainer balls meant no real loss to kettle trub only absorbtion.

Before you judge someone, be sure to walk a mile in their kilt. That way you are at least a mile away, and you have their kilt...

What?! Fifteen cases of beer and not a drop to drink!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #259
Jennifer571
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am wanting to do a belgian blond as my first all grain (wanting to move away from extract to save money) and I am wondering how this would work using the BIAB method? Any thoughts?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #260
sockmerchant
Recipes 

BIAB will work just as well as any other. Good luck!

Quick Reply