Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > All-Grain - Houblon Chouffe aka HopChewy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #81
ulster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Getting ready to keg mine this weekend - thanks for the recipe! This is a favorite Belgian of mine. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #82
tellyho
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Finished bottling and it's fully conditioned. To report on the garage lager, end result is very clear. Not to mention tasty. A really excellent recipe, hops balance the phenolics and esters perfectly. Very well done Houblon, and thanks so much for sharing!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #83
idjeffp
Recipes 

Brewed this one yesterday... looking forward to sampling this one in a few weeks!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #84
nickmv
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 4

OP, can you please change your gravity figures on this post? It completely F's up the view of the threads on the main forum, and makes the width of the gravity field ridiculously wide.

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but on small screens, it makes it difficult to read the post titles. I think the intention with the gravity field was to put a single gravity figure, (ie. "1.060", not "Anticipated Grav: 1.060, Plato 18.xx"). Those details of anticipation and plato are much more appropriate for the post itself.

Primary(SS Brew Bucket):
Secondary:
On-Deck:
Kegged & Waiting: Burton IPA
ON TAP: Belgian Wit
2014 Beers So Far:
Belgian Wit | Burton IPA

Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #85
ChefRex
Thanks Veterans!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1282 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 2200

I transferred to a keg for final conditioning and dry hop, gravity sample tastes great!
Thanks for the recipe.

“Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you’re allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It’s like killing yourself, and then you’re reborn. I guess I’ve lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.”

~ Charles Bukowski,

Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #86
ChefRex
Thanks Veterans!

Recipes 

First sample, this is nice. In a couple more days to get fully carbed I will open an original for a comparison but I'm very happy!

Attached Images

“Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you’re allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It’s like killing yourself, and then you’re reborn. I guess I’ve lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.”

~ Charles Bukowski,

Old 11-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #87
ChefRex
Thanks Veterans!

Recipes 

This is great! I was about to redirect my brew day tomorrow but i have no columbus this will be rectified, I need to rebrew this.
I was going to have one tonight, I'm on the fifth(I think)

~ Charles Bukowski,

Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #88
ChefRex
Thanks Veterans!

Recipes 

Rebrewing this tomorrow, delicious! Built up a starter from a bottle of the original and going to give it a go!

~ Charles Bukowski,

Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #89
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 362

brewed this today. brewday went perfect. I had to reprogram my ferm controller again. something about this beer....

The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #90
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 362

pitched a little warm (79) but it got down to 75 pretty quickly. controller is holding right at 75F (+/- 0.2F), 29 hours after pitching it's blowing off. I pitched a whole 1600mL starter I put on the stirplate the night before brewing.

The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Quick Reply