Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > Extract - Easy Belgian Wit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #21
AKnewbrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Using this recipe as a basis for our newest idea... Pomegranate Wit. Adjusted the hops for what our LHBS had in stock, our alpha acids were off. Adding the juice of two poms at flameout. 14 more waiting for secondary fermentation.
Here's hoping!
CHEERS!

Bottled: Pomegranate Orange Witbier, Yule Gruit, English ESB, 7 Grain Black Chocolate Stout, Oaked Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #22
AwesomeSquad
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What do you think about using a saison yeast in this?

I am gonna get so drunk that people around me will become genuinely concerned for my wellbeing.

I am gonna get so drunk that animals that live in the sewers will die from alcohol poisoning when I urinate.

I am gonna drink so much that brewers panic by the sudden loss of beer and they start pulling so much water out of the ocean to replenish their supply that the pull the moon has on the ocean is thrown off and the moon goes drifting off into space and the earth drifts into the sun.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #23
Niemer
Recipes 

I'll be giving this a go this weekend, planning on using T-58 for it.

On Deck: #21 ?
Primary: #20 Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale
Secondary: #18 Dragon Spit, #19 Oktoberfest Ale
Kegged: #16 American Tripel
On Tap: #15 DK Belgian Pale Ale, #17 1910 Export Pale Ale
Bottled:

Old 12-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #24
adam_d_j
Recipes 

I just brought a list of these ingredients to my home brew supply store and the gentleman gave me 1 lb. of Breiss dried wheat malt extract. This is a fine powder and I'm sure this isn't the wheat malt suggested in the recipe to be steeped. Can this be mixed with water to start the wort instead of steeping the crushed grain type malt which I'm assuming was meant to be used, or will I need to go back and get a different type of malt? This will be my second brew and I'm just getting used to the terminology involved so I hope someone will understand what I'm trying to ask.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
Justibone
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 69

It is not the wheat malt intended to be steeped. It is malt extract, which is already in the recipe.

You can go ahead and make the recipe as is, using what you have, or head back to the store. Steeping the grain gives more flavor and head retention, and less sugars, so if you add an extra pound of extract instead of the grain you will have a different beer.

Quick Reply