Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > All-Grain - Boulevard Smokestack Series Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #31
frailn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt81 View Post
When I brewed my tank 7 I used maybe 3 oz of carafa II at the end of my mash to darken it up a bit. 10 gallon batch. Came out identical color.

I used wlp510 and saison II. Started both at 67 and ramped it up to 93.
Thanks for this tip, Matt! I will try some Carafa II in my next batch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #32
blackstripes
Recipes 

Anyone happen to have an extract version of this recipe? Tank 7 has become my favorite beer and I'd love to have a homebrew clone in the keg rotation.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #33
amelson
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstripes View Post
Anyone happen to have an extract version of this recipe? Tank 7 has become my favorite beer and I'd love to have a homebrew clone in the keg rotation.
I was thinking the same thing, anyone with an extract version? One of my favorites and I would love a good recipe.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
QBBC
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I made a similar Clone of my own. Turned out great! If anybody wants to trade sample for sample I am down. I could use some critiques from other brewers. I entered it in to the Bluebonnet Brew off 2012. Cant wait til March 24th!!!

QBBC
Tony Olivarez

Itching to get that next batch going

Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #35
captained
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelson View Post
I was thinking the same thing, anyone with an extract version? One of my favorites and I would love a good recipe.
this is how i ended up on this thread as well - looking for a mini-mash boulevard tank 7 clone recipe. i get most all of my recipes from ahs and they do not have anything for it yet. my google searches have turned up a partial-mash work-in-progress recipe being written but doesn't appear to have been brewed yet. hopefully someone here can help us new/intermediate brewers who haven't made the leap to all grain yet! thanks!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #36
kcpup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by captained View Post
this is how i ended up on this thread as well - looking for a mini-mash boulevard tank 7 clone recipe. i get most all of my recipes from ahs and they do not have anything for it yet. my google searches have turned up a partial-mash work-in-progress recipe being written but doesn't appear to have been brewed yet. hopefully someone here can help us new/intermediate brewers who haven't made the leap to all grain yet! thanks!
Hi, you can convert any all grain recipe using brewing software, and often your LHBS can convert it for you, too. There is a forum in HBT on software packages.

However, I'd suggest you do it manually the first few times to understand what is going on in the grain bill. Here is a link to an article that I found SUPER helpful when I was extract brewing. I needed to convert an all grain to extract or partial mash.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~brewbeer/extract/pres.pdf

Cheers

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
captained
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpup View Post
Hi, you can convert any all grain recipe using brewing software, and often your LHBS can convert it for you, too. There is a forum in HBT on software packages.

However, I'd suggest you do it manually the first few times to understand what is going on in the grain bill. Here is a link to an article that I found SUPER helpful when I was extract brewing. I needed to convert an all grain to extract or partial mash.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~brewbeer/extract/pres.pdf

Cheers
thank you VERY much for the info - it is much appreciated and will certainly give me the ability to start branching out from pre-packaged mini-mash recipes. i just kegged and began carbing an ahs belgian trippel yesterday and my ipa ran out saturday on tap #2 so i need to cook something else up soon!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
PintoBean
Hailstorm Brewing Co
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I brewed something very similar to this trying to clone Tank 7 three weeks ago using the published ingredients on their website. Can't wait to try it. I used WLP670, and it is still bubbling 6-7 times a minute after 3 weeks, through a blow-off tube. I pitched a large starter, those Brett must be hungry. I'm interested to see how low this yeast will bring the FG. I plan to rack this in another week, and then bulk age until early summer.

Hailstorm Brewing Co
www.facebook.com/hailstormbrewingco

Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #39
Coff
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 71

What was your recipe Pinto?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
PintoBean
Hailstorm Brewing Co
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff
What was your recipe Pinto?
64% Pale (I used Maris Otter), 28% Wheat, 4% Flaked Maize, 4% Flaked Wheat. Bittered with 19 IBU's of Magnum @ 60 min, 12 IBU's of Simcoe @ 20 min, and 6 IBU's of Amarillo @ 5 min. Pitched a starter of WLP670. Going to dry hop with 2 oz of Amarillo for 7 days. OG was 1.074.

While I was brewing, I decided to double to Simcoe addition I stated above, so mine is going to be a bit hoppier, but the recipe above gives you close to Boulevard's published IBU number.

Hailstorm Brewing Co
www.facebook.com/hailstormbrewingco

Quick Reply