Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > All-Grain - Boulevard Smokestack Series Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #151
Schumed
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2xu
Just got back from being away a week and the water bath is at 86 and she's STILL bubbling away. At least every ten seconds. Go 3724 go! Been about 27 days... Not going to even check SG again until I see NO more bubbling.

The recipe calls for dry hopping with cascade but I'm thinking of maybe omitting that and making it a more traditional saison (not usually dry hopped?). Do we think tank 7 is dry hopped?
Tank 7 is dry hopped with Amarillo

The Amarillo is what really makes Tank 7 without it will be something different

"To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems,"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #152
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumed View Post
Tank 7 is dry hopped with Amarillo

The Amarillo is what really makes Tank 7 without it will be something different
Oops I got that wrong, I DID get Amarillo for this, per the recipe on this thread. For some reason had Cascade on the brain.
On tap: Turbo DIPA, Naked American Wheat, Sightless Swine IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Caramel Apple Cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #153
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 204 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2xu View Post

Oops I got that wrong, I DID get Amarillo for this, per the recipe on this thread. For some reason had Cascade on the brain.
I bet that would be good still. I always like the freshness a bit of cascade gives from a dry hop.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #154
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Well it is STILL bubbling, slowed down but still at least some activity in the airlock every 20 seconds or so. I just couldn't take it anymore though and yesterday I checked the SG, it's at about 1.017. Beersmith says my fg should be 1.018 but I'm not too sure how well it compensates for this yeast which is supposed to get wort pretty low. I'm not going to dry hop until I don't see any more bubbling. Also I don't have a free keg right now so no rush. I could bottle this batch but i would want to make absolutely sure its done, afraid of bottle bombs with this guy... Will report back in a few days.

On tap: Turbo DIPA, Naked American Wheat, Sightless Swine IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Caramel Apple Cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #155
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 204 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2xu View Post
Well it is STILL bubbling, slowed down but still at least some activity in the airlock every 20 seconds or so. I just couldn't take it anymore though and yesterday I checked the SG, it's at about 1.017. Beersmith says my fg should be 1.018 but I'm not too sure how well it compensates for this yeast which is supposed to get wort pretty low. I'm not going to dry hop until I don't see any more bubbling. Also I don't have a free keg right now so no rush. I could bottle this batch but i would want to make absolutely sure its done, afraid of bottle bombs with this guy... Will report back in a few days.
Never trust the attenuation numbers in software. They're derived from the yeast companies who ferment a standard wort in controlled conditions with a variety of yeast to obtain a comparison between strains. You may our may not achieve the same results.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #156
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah, as long as there is a lot activity I have to assume it is still going when it stops bubbling I will then check gravity over a three-day. Then dry hop then keg. I think I have read that 3724 consume a lot and usually get things down very low.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #157
wskee
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Mine got down to 1.012. I had to keep the temps up to finish it off and that was a low as the 3724 would go for me.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #158
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wskee
Mine got down to 1.012. I had to keep the temps up to finish it off and that was a low as the 3724 would go for me.
Was the grain bill the same or similar to the one in this thread?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #159
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Looks like I'm at or near the bottom. I transferred to secondary today as I haven't seen any airlock activity in days. It's at 1.011 and beautiful. Taste is AWESOME, very citrusy. Honestly I could force carb it and start drinking in a couple days... but i will wait. Came out about 8.3% which I think is close to tank 7, but does not taste very strong. This one will benefit from a little aging I'm sure so I will leave in the secondary at about 66-68 degrees until I have a keg free up. Then I plan on dry hopping in the keg with 1oz of fresh Amarillo in a sunk muslin bag for 7 days while it chills and carbs. I will then remove the dry hop, let it carb a second week and then start tasting. Very excited about this batch!

image-4163816031.jpg

Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #160
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

This has been kegged for a month now and I've been drinking it. I like it, but it is very tart. I didn't add Brett but it tastes what I'd think that tastes like (have had the Tank 7 Brett once... it was on tap and awesome). Should this recipe with WY3724 come out with a natural tartness to it? I honestly don't know if it's tasting like it should or if it's an infection. It looks great as you can see...

photo.jpg  

Quick Reply