This sounded so delicious I had to do it. Especially with spring on its way. I made the following modifications to the recipe to try a little experimentation, can't wait to see how it turns out.
- No blood oranges available so I used minneolas which are fantastically sweet and very easy to peel
- I toasted the coriander prior to adding it to the boil
- I had 3 lb of wheat DME with about .15-.2 lb of amber DME mixed in from a previous brew so I used that. I knew it would up the OG a little and the color so what I did to counter-act was add that as a very late addition just as I was ending the boil. So the 60 minute boil was the 3 Lb of wheat DME and the goldings with the late hop/coriander addition keeping to schedule.
- 60 minute boil started at 5 gallons (1/2 gallon of steeped fruit at the end made a perfect 5 gallons in the fermentor after boil loss)
The color did stay at around what I wanted, I know that with the larger boil and late addition DME there will be a bit more IBUs, but Beersmith estimated about 18-19 which is still in an acceptable range for wits. OG turned out to be 1.056, so not too high. I'm really looking forward to this, the smell coming out of my blow-off is so deliciously fruity right now.