Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > All-Grain - Belgian Table Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #31
thetragichero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

gonna try this as my second-to-next brew (after an ipa, need more hoppy beers after all these session beers i've been brewing), but using cultured unibroue yeast and wild discovery hops from silver hops (6.3%aa and noble hop-ish, adjusted schedule to get 26ibu... but subbing FWH for 60 minute addition because that's how i roll)
also will do a step mash and 90 boil but... still crediting you with the idea!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #32
ryane
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetragichero View Post
gonna try this as my second-to-next brew (after an ipa, need more hoppy beers after all these session beers i've been brewing), but using cultured unibroue yeast and wild discovery hops from silver hops (6.3%aa and noble hop-ish, adjusted schedule to get 26ibu... but subbing FWH for 60 minute addition because that's how i roll)
also will do a step mash and 90 boil but... still crediting you with the idea!
Haha, alright.....

I think I would suggest against the step mash, I think if you do that you might impact the effect of all the unmalted wheat. Step mashes usually break down a lot of protein, which IMO in these types of beers is a very good thing

From what Ive played with there is a lot of room to play with yeasts, and hops, but Ive found in general I like to use a substantial portion of some type of high protein unmalted grain

Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #33
thetragichero
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

you got it!

Quick Reply