Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Belgian and French Ale > Austin Homebrew's Blue Moon Clone (AG)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #131
cgrivois
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

what mash temp would you recomend with this recipie using BIAB.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #132
TechDiver
Recipes 

I am a complete Newbie and have never brewed anything but coffee. One of my favorite beers is Belgium White, so Blue Moon is definitely one on my list.

First off: What kit or items should I buy to make this recipe? If this turns out great, then it will probably be my main recipe.

Second: When I look at the kit on Austin Homebrew, I have options to choose. I first have to choose the kit option which is Extract, Mini Mash, or All Grain. I then choose Yeast option, BrewVint Yeast Fuel, Cold Pack, and 1% alcohol boost. I'm not sure what to get, so please help a guy out.

I appreciate any information you can provide to help get me started making this recipe. Keep in mind that my wife will not let me sell one of the kids, so I can thin the wallet down too much to get started. ;-)

Thanks,
TechDiver

Old 12-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #133
Reggie22
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts

Brewed for this for the first time and just cracked the first bottle. Very tasty. My wife is very happy!

Old 02-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #134
bredstein
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky View Post
1 Pkgs Belgian Wit Ale (White Labs #WLP400) Yeast-Wheat
I have enough grain leftovers for a couple brews, so I will not order this kit from AHS now. What I need though is yeast - could you please tell what kind of dry yeast the AHS instruction sheet calls for?

Old 02-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #135
FatsSchindee
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredstein View Post
I have enough grain leftovers for a couple brews, so I will not order this kit from AHS now. What I need though is yeast - could you please tell what kind of dry yeast the AHS instruction sheet calls for?

It doesn't list a dry yeast for this clone. Just the WLP400 or Wyeast 3944...

"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
- Homer Simpson

Old 02-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #136
bredstein
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatsSchindee View Post
It doesn't list a dry yeast for this clone. Just the WLP400 or Wyeast 3944...
Thanks for looking! Hmm, I have about a dozen of AHS instruction sheets for different beers, and all of them give a choice of yeasts...

Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #137
FatsSchindee
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Thanks for looking! Hmm, I have about a dozen of AHS instruction sheets for different beers, and all of them give a choice of yeasts...

Yeah, all the ones I've done from them give a choice of dry yeast as well as the white labs and wyeast liquid options, but there seems to be a few where they don't have a dry recommendation - this being one of them. You can go on their website and click on the different recipes and clones, and it though it doesn't show you the exact recipe or grain bill for each, it does show you which yeasts are recommended (since the yeasts cost extra from the recipe and will vary depending which yeast you choose)...

"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
- Homer Simpson

Old 02-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #138
bredstein
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatsSchindee View Post
You can go on their website [...] it does show you which yeasts are recommended
Thank you for a good advice! I checked all the 16A witbiers - none of them has dry yeast as an option. There are quite a few weisbiers and hefes that do call for Danstar Munich German wheat dry yeast... I have just brewed my first batch of beer with wheat, and I used Safeale T-58. It will take some four-five week until I know whether it was a good choice :-)

Old 02-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #139
Rockn_M
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Thank you for a good advice! I checked all the 16A witbiers - none of them has dry yeast as an option. There are quite a few weisbiers and hefes that do call for Danstar Munich German wheat dry yeast... I have just brewed my first batch of beer with wheat, and I used Safeale T-58. It will take some four-five week until I know whether it was a good choice :-)

I brewed their Belgian Double Wit last weekend with T-58. Let me know how it turned out I've heard mix reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #140
bredstein
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockn_M View Post
I brewed their Belgian Double Wit last weekend with T-58.
Double wit with 14 lbs of grain - looks like Blue Moon on steroids :-) My brew took only 10: 5 lbs Belgian Pils, 3 lbs White wheat, 1 lb flaked oats and 1 lb of flaked wheat... I noticed that AHS offers double yeast pitching - did you do that? So I see our wits are quite close in time - I brewed mine on 2/8.

Quick Reply