Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > All-Grain - Toecutters Brewery Blood Orange Belgian Wit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #21
Toecutter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

I have 10 gallons kegged, and i'll brew another 10 in a couple of weeks to stock pile for the summer. I still have quite a few Blood Oranges hanging on my tree that need a home.

On Tap: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen, Toecutters Honey HPA

Fermenting: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
theglobalguy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Mine finally mellowed out perfectly...brought a 5 gallon keg to a wedding and it was gone in 3 hours. Women especially seem to love it in the summer. Thinking it needs to be done again ASAP.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #23
BiffBiffman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

Delicious! Popped one open last night. Wasn't as much orange flavor as I expected, but the smell was incredible. I did add coriander seed, which added a nice spice, but probably added too much. I bottled half in bottles and half in plastic bombers for the pool. It's going to be a great summer!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying: Oatmeal Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Belgium IPA, Coffee Porter, and Blood Orange Belgium WitBottled: Secondary: Kolsch and Pirate Ale.
Tertiary: Apple Cider. About To Brew: A TON of Christmas Ale and Cream Ale. 40 gallons of each !!!

Old 06-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #24
theglobalguy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anyone done this with regular instead of blood oranges? Any difference?

Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
BiffBiffman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I used naval oranges as blood oranges were not available. It turned out great. I've never had it with blood oranges so I cannot compare.

Enjoying: Oatmeal Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Belgium IPA, Coffee Porter, and Blood Orange Belgium WitBottled: Secondary: Kolsch and Pirate Ale.
Tertiary: Apple Cider. About To Brew: A TON of Christmas Ale and Cream Ale. 40 gallons of each !!!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #26
theglobalguy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's getting close to blood orange time again...gonna make 10 gallons of this to stockpile for the summer!

Old 01-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #27
BiffBiffman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Blood oranges in the store, this is happening tomorrow!!! I used the recipe but subsititued Naval Oranges as Blood Oranges were out of season. I also added coriander seed. It wasn't one of the best beers I have ever had. Very refreshing with a bit of spice.

I'm brewing this tomorrow with Blood Oranges. The question is, should I add Coriander or not?

Quick Reply