Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > All-Grain - Summer Citrus Wheat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #121
SkippyWilliams
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyWilliams View Post
So I was out with the kids trick or treating and pulling the wagon and I had a few of my Summer Citrus Wheat left in the cooler. I thought it was a good time to share some of what summer brew I had left and I found it interesting that 2 different people at separate times said this beer tasted like a light 3Floyds Gumball Head. I had to have a Gumball Head last night to compare and I did notice the similarities in the 2.

Now the only things I did different in this batch were:
  1. No Orange Peels. I used the zest of 1 grapefruit instead
  2. For the yeast I used S-05

I made this beer 3 times this summer and tweaked it all 3 times. I love it.
wow. I can't beleive I forgot another change I made. I used Citra hops instead fo Cascade also.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #122
ims0ko0l
Recipes 

Just made this today myself and used citra and cascade instead. Hope it turns ok. Also used the sweet and bitter peel. Also used the white labs 4 wheat yeast

Old 03-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #123
captainkirk83
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Brewed this a month ago subbing some centennial for half of the cascade. I also used a prior slurry of 05 yeast from the Centennial blonde I had just brewed. I added one ounce of grapefruit zest at flameout. I lost my notes from brewday so don't remember details. Three week fermentation then bottled last Monday. Tasted surprisingly good after only 5 days in the bottle.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #124
sirmichael
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I brewed this recipe back in February and bottled it on St Patrick's Day. It is awesome!!! My efficiency was low as it was my first all grain but the taste is outstanding. The ABV came in around 4.5% so it's a perfect yard work session beer for spring and summer. This one is definite going into the brewing rotation.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #125
tinman717
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I brewed this last month and it's been in the bottle for a little over two weeks. Awesome awesome beer! I actually felt that this beer would be great to make a shandy with, so I poured a glass and mixed in some lemonade. DAMN! For me, I couldn't ask for a more perfect back-porch shandy. I used to be a big fan of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, but as I've grown I feel the sugar content in it is really high and it gives me gut-rot. In my opinion, this brew with a little lemonade mixed in is a Summer Shandy killer for sure. Will definitely be brewing this again!

Quick Reply