Partial Mash Yeast:
Wyeast Bavarian Wheat 3056 Yeast Starter:
none Batch Size (Gallons):
5 Original Gravity:
1.065 Final Gravity:
25-30 Boiling Time (Minutes):
60 Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
10 days @ 65-68° Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
14 days @65-68° Tasting Notes:
still in bottles, will post picture and give taste profile at a later date
first off i would like to thank Redweasel for his Deizbeutzervet Dunkelweizen recipe he posted: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/deiz...izen-pm-68588/, it was a great to base it off of something.
3 lbs. Wheat DME
3.3 lbs. Wheat LME
1 lb. Munich Malt (10L)
1 lb. American 2-row
1 lb. Special B malt
1 lb. Honey malt
2 oz. Hallertauer Hersbrucker hops
1. get water up to 155°.
2. place all non-extract malt into a grain sock.
3. steep grains @ 150° for 45 mins.
4. pull grains out and let them drain into brew kettle.
5. bring to a slow rolling boil and and the LME and DME.
6. when boil begins, add 1.5 oz. of Hallertauer Hersbrucker hops and boil for 55 min.
7.after said time is up add final .5 oz. of Hallertauer Hersbrucker hops in and continue boil for 5 mins.
8. cool wort off to 70-75°.
9. place into fermentation bucket and pitch yeast.
10. enjoy a cold beer. (Optional, but Recommended )
11. if kegging, rack into a secondary and after 2 weeks, carb it up.
any suggestions, rants, raves, etc would be greatly appreciated as this is my first recipe