Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > Paulaner-style Hefe Weizen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #141
cincybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laerck View Post
I just made the original extract version yesterday and was at first amazed by how crazy my airlock has been. Now almost exactly 24 hours since pitching the yeast I had to install my first blow off tube and see the lid on the plastic bucket bow outwards as the pressure increases. The thing is fermenting so violently that its also blowing bubbles in my container the blow off tubing is going into. Definitely interested to see how this one will turn out in couple weeks.
That is always the case. The co2 leaves the fermenter through the tube and into the container of liquid. The co2 has to escape somewhere and that is why you are seeing bubbles. Perfectly normal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #142
Dust
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Anyone try brewing this with peach? Looking to make a extract peach hefe and this one seems to be the most popular extract hefe recipe on the site so I'm wondering if just adding some peaches to a secondary would work out with this recipe.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #143
Sujeto
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I helped a coworker brew up this beer. His first one! Instead of using 1/2 oz of the hersbrucker I planned on using the full ounce. Not like it'd totally ruin it or anything and why waste hops? Well 20 minutes into the boil I happen to look at the package and it was actually 2 ounces!

My LHBS sells hops in 1 oz packages. He went to a local beer store that just started selling homebrew supplies. I think they are using 2 oz bags to move more product but that's neither here nor there. My question is...what will 2 ounces of hops do to the taste of the beer?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #144
Halbrust
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Make it hoppier
Instead of a hefe you made a Wheat Pale Ale, nothing wrong with that (see Gumballhead)

Old 07-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #145
wintermute2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I just want to say "Thank You!" to homebrewer_99 for posting this recipe. I followed this recipe to a "tee", with the exception of using fresh Wyeast 3068. It might be the best-tasting Hefeweizen that's gone down my gullet. And it was carbed up after only 6 days of bottle conditioning with a very healthy head. Lovely balance of clove/bubblegum/banana notes when fermented at a steady 72 deg F. The only problem with this recipe is that it's TOO DRINKABLE.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #146
AustinFromTexas
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just tucked my first batch of this recipe safe and snug in my ferm chamber! Gonna keep it 68 until time to crash cool and keg. Brewing this recipe was a breeze! The LHBS didn't carry the wyeast so I went with WLP 380 Bavarian Hefeweizen VI. My pack of Hallertau was rated 4.6% AA so I used .75 oz for the 60 mins to compensate for my IBU and decided to toss the last .25 oz in with the rest of the malt at 15 mins left just for kicks. Really excited to see how this turns out!

Quick Reply