Just to follow up my earlier post for anyone who like me didn't want to go the krausening route - I ended up adding about 7 ounces of corn sugar at bottling per the hefeweizen specs I calculated with http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html
Actually called for 8.8oz, but I didn't realize I was low til it was too late and it carbed up amazingly well in 2.5 weeks. Again, this was also after using LME instead of DME in the original recipe.
And this beer is really good! My first homebrew that I've actually wanted to replicate! (Not sure if that says more about the recipe or my skills as a brewer)
I brewed this one up a couple weeks ago (extract & primary only for 19 days). I followed the recipe except I used just WLP351 Bavarian Hefeweizen. I didn't make a starter on purpose to bring out more banana flavors which seems to have worked perfectly. It has been kegged for about 5 days now. Everyone at my 4th of July BBQ loved it. I have a second batch fermenting right now that I pitched on the yeast cake of my first batch. I will report back with the differences of underpitching/ having plenty of yeast.
Made this a year ago and was great - Brewed it again and noticed the same thing: Long fermentation. 10 days in and I still have 1/8" of krausen.. Did a pail last time and in my notes it bubbled for 7 days.. Getting antsy to bottle this one up.