Weissbier Miami Weisse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
Yeast
Wyeast 3638 Bavarian
Yeast Starter
Activator Smack Packet
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
8.1 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 at 68 F
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 at 74 F
6lbs Muntons Wheat DME
8 oz Wheat grains
4 oz Crystal 40L
1 oz Hersbrucker
Wyeast 3638 Bavarian

The color is a little dark for the style. However, this beer is cheap and really tasty. If you need to make a quick, easy, very drinkable house beer, then this is it. I keep this beer on tap with a couple of others. Friends drink it up! :mug:

I think I'm going to make this next. I'm thinking of zesting some orange peal and throwing it on the last part of the boil and maybe a little more in the secondary.

I brewed a batch of this on March 9th and just opened and bottle last night. It is fantastic. I agree that it is a bit dark, but the flavor is fabulous and it is the PERFECT summer beer...if summer ever gets to Ohio. Thanks for the recipe. The only thing that I had to modify was the yeast. My LHBS was out of wheat yeasts so I had to pinch hit with a Windsor ale yeast. It worked just fine.

6lbs Muntons Wheat DME
8 oz Wheat grains
4 oz Crystal 40L
1 oz Hersbrucker
Wyeast 3638 Bavarian

The color is a little dark for the style. However, this beer is cheap and really tasty. If you need to make a quick, easy, very drinkable house beer, then this is it. I keep this beer on tap with a couple of others. Friends drink it up! :mug:

Can you substitute wpl300 ?

What was the procedures for making this stuff, I'm new to brewing very new and this seems like a good first beer to go along with my ciders.

Latest posts

Back