Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > All-Grain - Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #731
SD-SLIM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 8

For those asking about the blood orange recipe, I will post later this week...as for comments about primary or secondary, this beer doesn't require a secondary fermentation because it doesn't use whole fruits, instead it's 100% fermentable which requires no transfer....final comment on ingredients for this recipe: the hops and yeast are the most important part of this beer, third would be the limeade and then grain...so choose wisely as you sub ingredients in and out, of course it will still taste good, but with the right ingredients this beer is great...don't believe me, read the post from people who couldn't get an ingredient for the first batch but did for their second!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #732
fishfoolz
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks guys, you answered my questions. Where can I find the hops used in this beer? I am definitely making this beer many times in the future, so if I can get the ingredients I will stock up on them. You can't buy these hops in Alaska. Is it too late to add the limeade? I also can't find it up here, but will continue to look.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #733
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfoolz
Thanks guys, you answered my questions. Where can I find the hops used in this beer? I am definitely making this beer many times in the future, so if I can get the ingredients I will stock up on them. You can't buy these hops in Alaska. Is it too late to add the limeade? I also can't find it up here, but will continue to look.
Someone on this thread was in Alaska and found it all...but if not just do a google search for the ingredients and get them online.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #734
defdans
Recipes 

This will be next for me. Anyone who did the extract grapefruit version have any specific suggestions outside of the initial post?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #735
fishfoolz
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM

Someone on this thread was in Alaska and found it all...but if not just do a google search for the ingredients and get them online.
Will frozen limeade work as well? That is all I can find and I called every grocery store up here. They have every kind of freakin "simply" juice you can think of, except the limeade!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #736
KirkD
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfoolz View Post
Will frozen limeade work as well? That is all I can find and I called every grocery store up here. They have every kind of freakin "simply" juice you can think of, except the limeade!
Walmart is where I found it.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #737
kellysrepairs
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I was lucky enough to find all the ingredents for this one, its on day 5 and still bubbling away

Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #738
rideincircles
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I bottled mine just shy of 3 weeks last night. Too much going on this week to wait around for it.

Lime Lime Lime. It's very prevalent. I ended up going from 1.054-1.008 with Wyeast 3068. I took an extra sample when bottling last night that cost me topping off the last bottle. No worries, this stuff will be great. Perfect spring beer. Now I need to wait a while which will be hard.

This is definitely a recipe to keep around.

Started brewing February 2012:
All grain and partial mash brewer depending on time. Meads and apfelwein also.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #739
AVLbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideincircles
I bottled mine just shy of 3 weeks last night. Too much going on this week to wait around for it.

Lime Lime Lime. It's very prevalent. I ended up going from 1.054-1.008 with Wyeast 3068. I took an extra sample when bottling last night that cost me topping off the last bottle. No worries, this stuff will be great. Perfect spring beer. Now I need to wait a while which will be hard.

This is definitely a recipe to keep around.
I feel your pain on the waiting part! My samples tasted great. My batch has been bottled for a little over a week! Two more to go!

Cheers!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #740
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

My advice...start brewing more now! Everyone who waited for this there first time were upset that it only last a few days when it's done...wash the yeast and go again!

Quick Reply