I'm now detecting a hint of lime in the LL version. I kegged both versions and let them sit in the fridge for a couple weeks. I haven't drank much more than a few samples, but this afternoon when I tried it, I could detect a hint.
Made this beer last Sunday. Went ok. Had some serious cooling issues (94 degrees out). Got it down below 80 and pitched wlp300. Added some yeast nutrient at flameout. This thing took off and pretty much got down to FG in like 3 days. Never used hefeweizen yeast before. That yeast eats the hell out of some sugars. Drew a sample last night. Light color, light and refreshing. Can't wait to carb it up and sit by the pool. Thanks for the recipe.
After 3 weeks fermentation & a week bottled this beer is great. I made substitutions on hops, yeast and used Simply lemonade instead of Limeade. In fact, it's good enough that I ordered this recipes correct hops & yeast to brew my very next batch.
Bought the ingredients for an extract version of this. Tweaked the volumes a little bit in order to make it easier to measure out, and will be using WLP 300 since the LHBS didn't have the 380. Will post pictures once it is ready! Looking forward to cracking one open!