Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > All-Grain - Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #1051
Naturallight16oz
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM View Post
Yes, however lemon is more tart, where as the lime is tart and sweet....but it's your beer, so go for it!
Well, I put the juice and zest of a lime and 3 lemons. we shall see.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #1052
46binder
Recipes 

Brewed this today, but messed up on volume and target OG. I batched sparged with 4 gallons , 1st runnoffs getting me 1.063 gravity, 2nd batch sparge 3.25 gallons at 1.025, and had to add 1/2 gallon water to get me 5.75 gallons pre boil, and got 5 gallons post boil with a OG of 1.045. So I'm 1/2 gallon short and low on the gravity. I grind my own grain, everythings got a good crush, and did a separate double crush of the wheat. I usually add extra lb of grain, but didn't this time. No stuck sparge, everything seemed to go OK. I plan on saving the yeast and washing it, or doing the blood orange batch on the yeast cake.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #1053
RPM24
Recipes 

Just brewed this with my buddy today. First time at AG. Broke my brand new test jar so I have no idea what the gravity's are. Only had only one problem which was we ended up wiith 4.5 gallons of wort In the fermentor which really sucks. Other than that everything went well! Thanks for recipe and i will let you know how it turns out

Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #1054
EBucky
Recipes 

Just had my 1st taste on Sat (7/6). The aroma was super citrusy and bright. The taste was definitely lime...you can certainly taste the limeade. Looking forward to when the lemon starts to shine a little brighter (hopefully it does). Overall, its a darn good beer. Its in a class on its own; nothing on the market to compare it to.
I had a pool party on Sat and served it to a few unknowing recipients...they all liked it and every one of the asked me where it came from. I never tell anyone that its a homebrew before they drink it so I can get honest feedback (most people won't say "this beer sucks" if they know its yours). All but 1 person liked it upon first sip..

~EBucky

Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #1055
Richard-SSV
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I'm getting ready to bottle my first batch of this on Saturday. I brewed it to the original recipe except for two changes...... I had to substitute the Motueka hops for Citra since my LHBS didn't carry Motueka. I also added .25 oz. of coriander seed (crushed) at 5 minutes left of the boil for a little more citrus aroma. Otherwise, everything else was to the original recipe.

Can't wait to see how this one tastes!!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:36 AM   #1056
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBucky
Just had my 1st taste on Sat (7/6). The aroma was super citrusy and bright. The taste was definitely lime...you can certainly taste the limeade. Looking forward to when the lemon starts to shine a little brighter (hopefully it does). Overall, its a darn good beer. Its in a class on its own; nothing on the market to compare it to.
I had a pool party on Sat and served it to a few unknowing recipients...they all liked it and every one of the asked me where it came from. I never tell anyone that its a homebrew before they drink it so I can get honest feedback (most people won't say "this beer sucks" if they know its yours). All but 1 person liked it upon first sip..

~EBucky
Congratulations, I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed the recipe and your brewing!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #1057
automobiliben
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Interesting opinions about the Grapefruit version. I brewed a 10G batch and put half on Limeaid and the other on Grapefruit.

Most of the people that have had it prefer the Grapefruit as it has a refreshing tartness to it. The Limeaid is fairly sweet.

Nonetheless, both great brews!

Ben

Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #1058
GenIke
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by automobiliben View Post
Interesting opinions about the Grapefruit version. I brewed a 10G batch and put half on Limeaid and the other on Grapefruit.

Most of the people that have had it prefer the Grapefruit as it has a refreshing tartness to it. The Limeaid is fairly sweet.

Nonetheless, both great brews!

Ben
Did you follow the original recipe and only switch the juice?

Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #1059
automobiliben
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenIke View Post

Did you follow the original recipe and only switch the juice?
For the most part, I will admit I forgot the lime zest and swapped in some Rose's Lime Juice in a moment of haste...lol

Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #1060
cheeno44
Recipes 

I brewed a 5 gallon all grain batch of this and hit all the numbers spot on.
I brewed this exactly how the recipe calls for. It turned out excellent.
Perfect amount of Lemon-Lime flavor.

One piece of advice for anyone making this beer.
Follow the directions as Slim states, at least the 1st time you make it.

I read how people are adjusting the recipe and asking questions on what substitutions they should make for the hops and yeast.
It's simple brew the original recipe you won't be disappointed.

I will be making this again. Thanks for a perfect summer beer recipe

Quick Reply