Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > "Kick you in the face Banana Hefeweizen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #31
blackwaterbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

white labs hefe IV and a 75F fermentation will get all the bananna flavor you want without putting mooshy crap into your beer.

Primary-
Lagering-
Primary-
secondary-
secondary-
on tap- lemongrass kolsch
on tap- stout
on tap- small mead
bottle-sweet mead
bottle-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #32
Oscbert
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Add the chocolate in the last 5 minutes of the boil and you will get more chocolate flavoring. I see no reason to boil it for longer than that, it will only realease flavors and scents the longer you boil.
I have added chocolate this way to a Porter and a Mint Stout. Chocolate came through nicely.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #33
jmlivingston10
Recipes 

I'm going to be brewing a hefe tomorrow and thought about do the banana a a prep today. Would the bananas go bad if I did them today, or should I just wait until tomorrow during the mash to prep them?

Quick Reply