Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > Multiple - Honey Orange Hefeweizen

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #101
MacGruber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 592
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default


Thank you! The keg just kicked last night.

__________________
MacGruber is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #102
inkman15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Orange
Posts: 266
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default


Finally tasted my batch last night after 2 weeks of being patient for it to carb. Happy to report that this one is awesome. Great recipe.

__________________

Primary: Kettle Berliner Weisse
Drinking: Cut Day Pale Ale, Citra SMaSH, Crystal Ave IIPA, Chocolate Oatmeal Porter

inkman15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #103
Sharkdog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Temecula
Posts: 1
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by inkman15
Finally tasted my batch last night after 2 weeks of being patient for it to carb. Happy to report that this one is awesome. Great recipe.
Whats in it?
__________________
Sharkdog is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #104
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Reno
Posts: 6,267
Liked 200 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default


The recipe is on the first page of this recipe thread

__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!
Reno_eNVy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #105
esterhops
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog

Whats in it?
What is the recipe?
__________________
esterhops is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #106
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Reno
Posts: 6,267
Liked 200 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by esterhops

What is the recipe?
See the post directly above yours =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_eNVy
The recipe is on the first page of this recipe thread
__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!
Reno_eNVy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #107
Cajun_Tiger33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 113
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default


I'm thinking about making this but I was wondering could I substitute sweet orange peels for the zest with out changing the final taste? If so how much should be the equivalent.

__________________
Cajun_Tiger33 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #108
wittmania
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 215
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Tiger33
I'm thinking about making this but I was wondering could I substitute sweet orange peels for the zest with out changing the final taste? If so how much should be the equivalent.
It will definitely affect the taste. With the zest you get the oils and aromatics that taste/smell like a sweet, citrusy orange. Adding orange peel, even the sweet version, will add bitterness, not sweetness.
__________________
wittmania.com
wittmania is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #109
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Reno
Posts: 6,267
Liked 200 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmania View Post
It will definitely affect the taste. With the zest you get the oils and aromatics that taste/smell like a sweet, citrusy orange. Adding orange peel, even the sweet version, will add bitterness, not sweetness.
This. I've tried beers with dried peels and I've tried them with zest... zest always wins, in my opinion.
__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!
Reno_eNVy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #110
Cajun_Tiger33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 113
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default


Brewed this yesterday, can't wait to see how it turns out..

image-4172411878.jpg  
__________________
Cajun_Tiger33 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blood Orange Hefeweizen gnedge Home Brewing Photo Forum 648 08-26-2014 01:49 AM
All-Grain - Orange Honey Hefeweizen DubbelDach Wheat and Rye Beer 117 07-02-2013 01:42 AM
Blood Orange Hefeweizen questions snevey Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 01-25-2010 03:04 AM
Orange Honey Hefeweizen DubbelDach General Techniques 22 12-11-2009 10:24 AM
blood orange hefeweizen help. icu812 Recipes/Ingredients 2 05-31-2009 03:13 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS