Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Partial - Volition IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #21
RichBenn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Saq, I like your use of Melanoidin Malt. I did a session APA with it, which turned out great but required a bit of time to fully integrate for such a light beer.

Seems like a big beer like this is perfect for it with a little light crystal and victory -- some great grain choices!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #22
saq
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 11 Posts

Yeah, melanoidin is an awesome malt in an IPA. This was my first use of it and I liked that it gave some nice semisweet malty flavors without adding to the body or making it cloying. Hopinator kind of evolved from this experimental IPA and IMO is a better IIPA for what this is going for (its also won a lot of medals and this one has not).

Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #23
BlueSunshine
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I brewed this up awhile ago and just cracked open my first bottle. I had it just shy of 3 weeks of bottle conditioning (I couldn't wait any longer). This recipe is AMAZING and it's easily my best batch yet.

The only thing I changed is that I used WLP 005 yeast instead of the California Ale because my LHBS was out of WLP 001. It turned out amazing with this yeast and I will be brewing this one again. I can't wait to taste what its like with some more bottle conditioning!

Bottled: Three Pistols, Spaced Out Saison, Amarillo Armadillo
Conditioning:
Fermenting: GTFO Stout
Gone: Sheffield Pale Ale, Donut Shop Coffee Stout,Hop Rape Imperial IPA, Hooston's Irish Red Beer'd

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS