Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > All-Grain - Tits-Up Imperial IPA (3-Time Medalist - 2 Golds, 1 Silver)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #81
valicious
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I take it SAFALE-50 was just a typo for SAFALE-05

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #82
stever
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Damn it Kevin, just when I think I know what I am going to brew next, you go and throw me a curve.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Great Cock man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
yeah, i've got big balls

Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #83
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 566 Times on 334 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever View Post
Damn it Kevin, just when I think I know what I am going to brew next, you go and throw me a curve.
Yeah sorry.

The Tits Up took 2nd place out of 25 entries in Category 14 at the 2009 Happy Holidays Homebrew Competition last week. So that's one gold and one silver in the two competitions she's entered.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:10 AM   #84
chuckger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I brewed this fcor the second time in just a few weeks today. What an excellent recipe! I did change it just a bit just wanted to back off the ABV since it is going to be on tap and I changed the hop bill a little bit too. I guess I changed the entire recipe when I think about it but damn it this thread is what inspired the brew. Anyway here is the recipe that I brew.

10lb 2-row
1lb Carapils
1lb Munich
1lb 60L
4oz Honey Malt
2lb Corn sugar
1.5oz Magnum 60min
1.5oz Magnum 45min
1oz Amarillo 30min
1.25oz Cascade 15
1oz Amarillo 10min
1oz Mt Hood 10min
Big starter of 1056 or 1272
I like the 1272 because you have some fruity aroma but you cannot taste any of it. It is kinda cool.

Too busy brewing to keep a log here....

Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #85
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Default A third medal

Sorry to brag, but when you enter a beer into three contests and she wins two golds and a silver...well...I'm going to brag just a bit.

Tits Up IIPA wins gold medal at the "2010 Great Northern Brew-Ha-Ha!"

Now I have to save off a couple of bottles since she qualified for the "Midwest Homebrewer of the Year".

Gold_Robber Likes This 
Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #86
bendavanza
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

yes, 05 was mentioned later in the thread.
After drinking all of my AHS PTE clone I will have to try this recipe. Thanks and congrats!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #87
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Sorry to brag, but when you enter a beer into three contests and she wins two golds and a silver...well...I'm going to brag just a bit.

Tits Up IIPA wins gold medal at the "2010 Great Northern Brew-Ha-Ha!"

Now I have to save off a couple of bottles since she qualified for the "Midwest Homebrewer of the Year".
Man, way to go Kevin! I have 2 Maharaja clones in the keg conditioning right now (started the 2nd right after I racked the first one to the keg and tasted the FG sample ) but I'm afraid I'm going to have to try this one soon! Looks like my summer is going to be full of IIPA's.................

Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #88
DaDolt
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Oh yeah baby...
This batch has been resting in the keg in my brew shop at 65 degrees for right at 2.5 months now.
BM

I'm a fan of your creations and I have endeavored to emulate your successes, though I'm a little naive on the kegging stage. I have not started kegging yet, and want to know can I go from the secondary to bottles with the addition of some corn sugar and how much?

You note that your batch kegged for 2.5 months, was that gassed at all or did you just put the beer in and capped it?

I am excited as I can be and looking forward to popping some of these for my son's first birthday in april, but in the same breath, I don't want to put sugar into this beer and have them explode all over my closet/

I came in at 1079 on my OG and rotated to secondary for dry hopping on sked. I'm a week behind on getting it off the dry hop, so any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance

Next brew on my sked, Outer Limits

Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #89
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDolt View Post
BM

I'm a fan of your creations and I have endeavored to emulate your successes, though I'm a little naive on the kegging stage. I have not started kegging yet, and want to know can I go from the secondary to bottles with the addition of some corn sugar and how much?

You note that your batch kegged for 2.5 months, was that gassed at all or did you just put the beer in and capped it?

I am excited as I can be and looking forward to popping some of these for my son's first birthday in april, but in the same breath, I don't want to put sugar into this beer and have them explode all over my closet/

I came in at 1079 on my OG and rotated to secondary for dry hopping on sked. I'm a week behind on getting it off the dry hop, so any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance

Next brew on my sked, Outer Limits
This beer sits in my primary for four weeks. My secondary for 7-10 days (just to dry hop) and then goes into a keg, gas to purge CO2 and then into the corner of the basement for anywhere from a few more weeks to another month or two. My fermentation temps also dictate the rest period. Higher temps lead to higher fusel alcohol and only some extended down-time will help to tame that.

If you're bottling, I'd say 4 weeks in a primary, dry hop in a secondary for 7 days and then rack to your bottling bucket with 3/4 cup of corn sugar and a 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of re-hydrated dry yeast.

Plan on a longer bottle conditioning with a high gravity beer like this. Figure 4 weeks at 70 degrees.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #90
calvinroots
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

...just read this whole thread. hahaha Congrats on that sweeeeet award, that is one to be proud of for sure.
Cheers

Quick Reply