Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > All-Grain - Tits-Up Imperial IPA (3-Time Medalist - 2 Golds, 1 Silver)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #161
wildwest450
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

[QUOTE=flananuts;3620569 The sample was at 40.6 deg when I tasted it.[/QUOTE]

This, the colder the beer, the more muted hop flavors become. Let it "warm" up a few minutes, you'll be surprised. I like drinking hoppy beers at 45f or so.

_

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #162
flananuts
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Will do. I went to check on my carbonation level and noticed the beer out post is leaking (muthaF). Usually my cornies are solid but this is a pita.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #163
BWELL1
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher

She'll get a full month in the primary. Then onto the secondary for at least 14 days on the dry hops.

I figure then she'll go to keg and into the garage at 45 degrees for at least 4-6 weeks.

I recon this will be fully drinkable sometime around St. Patti's day. I'll probably go right to bottles once it's carb'd up.
So since I am completely new to home brewing. How do you put beer in the keg then bottle it?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #164
flananuts

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Once you carbonate your beer to the desired pressure you can transfer using a number of methods. I use the combination of a picnic tap, racking cane, and bung to do a DIY counter pressure fill. I just lower the co2 pressure down to about 4-6 psi when filling.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #165
flananuts

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Update- this was a huge hit! I brought some into work and a friend who loves big beers told me he felt like he was high about 10 minutes after splitting a liter with me.

I also made a 15 gallon version using the same recipe minus the dry hop and it is freaking unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
This, the colder the beer, the more muted hop flavors become. Let it "warm" up a few minutes, you'll be surprised. I like drinking hoppy beers at 45f or so.

_

Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #166
MongoloidMormon
Recipes 

Default Sooo Bitter

I brewed this on Dec. 17th and kegged it about three weeks later. It is so bitter that I can't drink it. It's mellowed to some extent over the last few weeks, but I'm worried about this brew. Has anyone that brewed this had a similar experience?

I'm tempted to pull it out of the kegerator and let it warm up so that it can age faster.

Thoughts?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #167
Horace
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongoloidMormon View Post
I brewed this on Dec. 17th and kegged it about three weeks later. It is so bitter that I can't drink it. It's mellowed to some extent over the last few weeks, but I'm worried about this brew. Has anyone that brewed this had a similar experience?

I'm tempted to pull it out of the kegerator and let it warm up so that it can age faster.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
She'll get a full month in the primary. Then onto the secondary for at least 14 days on the dry hops.

I figure then she'll go to keg and into the garage at 45 degrees for at least 4-6 weeks.

I recon this will be fully drinkable sometime around St. Patti's day. I'll probably go right to bottles once it's carb'd up.
Room temp for 4-6 weeks would be a fair guess but three weeks to keg might be hard to overcome. Time is your friend.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #168
SFSpencer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

This is gonna be my next brew...cant wait.
Do you think i could get a decent partigyle out of this if i added some more grain after collecting my wort?

Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #169
AU_Bob
Recipes 

Going to put a variation of this recipe to the test today. Cold outside, but that's not going to get in the way. Looking forward to the results....

Primary #1 - Captian Hooked on Bitters ESB
Primary #2 - IIPA
Keg #1 - Hoppy Amber Ale
Keg #2 - Milk Stout
Keg #3 - Two-Hearted Ale Clone
Up next - Sterling Blonde

Old 02-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #170
Jtd6628
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Started the mash about 30 min ago can not wait to have a glass of this. Followed the recipe but using new Safale 05 didn't have any washed. I only had to buy one oz of crystal for this already had enough of all the other hops which was great!

Quick Reply