Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Three Floyds Zombie Dust Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #521
TrickyDick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebrewer
Dry hopping in the keg is my prefered way to reduce oxygenation. I connect the gas to the out side and bubble up CO2 to push out the nasty O2, and then seal with pressure, using the relief valve to purge any remaining O2.

When doing a beer that requires multiple dry hopping, I think it is best to leave the old hops in. Too many things, in my mind, can go wrong pulling things out of your beer and putting thing back in. YMMV.
I agree with that. A friend of mine who is getting into brewing and really fanatical at this point was asking, how do I remove the hop sack from my keg after 5 days. I told him I didn't know cause I had never done it! Well I suppose that there might be a better way, but this has always been fine for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #522
beejayud
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Made this back in march following all the original ingredients and instructions.... i kegged 2 gallon and bottled the rest. Og was 1.061 and fg was 1.010.. i used safale 04. Color hop character and feel from kegged beer was on, but yeast strain seemed off. Zombie dust had a more slightly different more english taste to me. The bottled beer after three weeks is closer but just a bit off still. Still a great beer and one of my favorite to date. im going to tweek a bit and try with safale 05 since i have already.

forumrunner_20130424_204843.jpg

Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #523
TrickyDick

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejayud
Made this back in march following all the original ingredients and instructions.... i kegged 2 gallon and bottled the rest. Og was 1.061 and fg was 1.010.. i used safale 04. Color hop character and feel from kegged beer was on, but yeast strain seemed off. Zombie dust had a more slightly different more english taste to me. The bottled beer after three weeks is closer but just a bit off still. Still a great beer and one of my favorite to date. im going to tweek a bit and try with safale 05 since i have already.
Is that one of those new DFH/SN IPA glasses?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #524
beejayud
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sure is, i'm not sold on them yet....
Makes the beer slightly more carbonated, but can't tell if thats good or bad yet... i still enjoy a nice pint glass.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #525
stonebrewer
Invented the IPL
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Just pitched on 11 gallons of Zombie Dust. Long day as I was using some new equipment and had issues...go figure! In the end, all turned out pretty well. Overshot my numbers a little, with my PBG being +6 and my SG being +5. First time I have done a 60 minute boil (usually do 90's) so the day went a little quicker, though I did run into some issues I had to contend with, mostly self inflicted. I used mostly leaf hops in the boil and man it smelled awesome!! Going to use a keg hopper for the dry hop phase...another new toy. I am going to do one keg with Citra and the other with Mosaic. Should be some tasty brew! May post a few pix later. Cheers!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #526
roger617
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just brewed 5 gallons of this yesterday Mashed a couple degrees low, still managed OG of 1.074. I went with S-04, and man is it fermenting away! Can't wait to try it!

Old 05-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #527
heywatchthis
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just kegged mine...this is easily the best beer I've ever brewed. I've been working on the water treatment aspect of my hoppy beers, and this one is as close to perfect as I've ever been.

Prost for honing this one in.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #528
Chavi
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywatchthis View Post
Just kegged mine...this is easily the best beer I've ever brewed. I've been working on the water treatment aspect of my hoppy beers, and this one is as close to perfect as I've ever been.

Prost for honing this one in.
I kegged mine last night and tasted it.... it is probably the best beer I have ever made as well. I'll take a picture on Tuesday when it is fully carbonated.
Secondary 2: Empty
Keg 1: Zombie Dust Clone
Keg 2: Succulent Strawberry Blonde
Bottled: Graham Cracker Ale, Chianti, Peach Mead, Merlot/Cabernet

Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #529
roger617
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavi

I kegged mine last night and tasted it.... it is probably the best beer I have ever made as well. I'll take a picture on Tuesday when it is fully carbonated.
Lets see that pic! I'm transferring my tomorrow for dry hopping, curious to see how others have turned out!

Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #530
Ailstock
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Just brewed this yesterday using white labs 002. Also added an extra 1.25oz of citra at wirlpool around 170 degrees. Excited to see how it turns out.

Quick Reply