Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Stone Ruination Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #601
jmb7504
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I have many problems to take care of to begin with (I have a 5 gallon pot, not big enough at all/ My thermometer goes wacky and only Celsius works) that being said I will buy a bigger pot/better thermometer next time I brew.
My grains were crushed at my LHBS. I had just under 5 gallons of water to 14Lbs grains at 164F to mash in with. My temperature during mash was around 147 about 15 minutes in, so i boiled around 3 cups of water to add to the mash. And its hard to say my volumes for sure due to the fact i wasn't able to drain all the wort out from the mash (I got maybe 5.5 gallons, 5 in my main pot, .5 in another) but post boil is a little under 5 gallons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #602
bdknuc2
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just brewed this but had to substitute the cenntinial for chinook and used WLP090 yeast. My OG was almost perfect and I used new new brew kettle and wort chiller for the first time! I was shocked having my wort down to 80 degrees F in 15 minutes

Old 01-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #603
ThomasD
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default 1/17/14 brew!

Today`s brew day. Im mid boil, using 2.5oz of Centennial on a 2 Gal. converted recipe. Used Crystal 60 instead of 20. Im excited to brew my own version of this expensive ass brew!
Also: OG is off, added 1/2lb of DME to bring it up to 1.070

Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #604
Moose777
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is in the fermeneter going crazy now...I screwed up on my hops though..did a full 90 minute boil without ANY hop additions...DOH!...added 4 ounces and boiled for another 5 minutes...I'm going to step up the dry hop and see what happens..probably a lot of aroma but not much beittering

KEG 1: (ON TAP) Waldo Lake Amber
KEG 2 :(ON TAP) Imperial Stout
KEG 3: (ON TAP) Irish Red Ale [COLOR="Blue"]
KEG 4:(On Tap) Centennial Blonde
KEG 5: Creamy Bikini
KEG 6:

On deck:
Vanilla Bourbon Porter (for this winter)
Ed Worts Oktoberfest with Kolsh yeast Yummmy
Yooper Stone Ruination IPA

Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #605
BrewHaas
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds like a few too many beers or too many people distracting. If it's really sweet I suggest brewing a really bitter beer and blending them. No way I'd throw it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 AM   #606
SilverZero
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose777 View Post
This is in the fermeneter going crazy now...I screwed up on my hops though..did a full 90 minute boil without ANY hop additions...DOH!...added 4 ounces and boiled for another 5 minutes...I'm going to step up the dry hop and see what happens..probably a lot of aroma but not much beittering
I'd make a mini-batch and bitter the crap out of it, then mix them. You could probably do a half-gallon with DME at 1.050 or higher with an ounce or more of super-AA hops for 60 minutes, then blend it into the other batch.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:14 AM   #607
tcbrianw
Recipes 

I did this one for my first all-grain batch following Yoopers recipe to the letter. I bottled conditioned for two weeks and was I surprised at how well it turned out! Color and bitterness was right on though the nose was a bit different. I love Stone IPA's with Arrogant Bastard being my favorite but this recipe seemed easy enough. I would highly recommend this to new all-grain home brewers. Much thanks to Yooper!

Old 05-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #608
gregorybriscoe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Came out today at 1.062 so I came out a good bit under it seems like. I did a 6.5 gallon boil and ended up with 5.75 gallons. I wanted to account for trub loss and secondary hop loss. First time using a blowoff tube too. I'm wondering if I should've upped my grain bill to get to 1.077 since I used more water? If we reach 1.010 then I should be at 6.9% abv which is fine!

Old 05-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #609
BadDeacon
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just a twist to this recipe, but has anyone ever subbed Citra for the Centennial??? I know it will be nothing like Ruination but am thinking of doing this and was just wondering.

Deacon

Old 05-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #610
atom
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDeacon View Post
Just a twist to this recipe, but has anyone ever subbed Citra for the Centennial??? I know it will be nothing like Ruination but am thinking of doing this and was just wondering.

Deacon
I'm about to brew a version of this and add some citra late/dryhop. I think they used citra in the 10th anniversary version.

Quick Reply