Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Stone Ruination Clone

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #371
jperry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 613
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Default


Hey there, has anyone tried to clone the tenth anniversary ruination? I have been searching all over and found that its basically just double the amount of hops and a higher abv. (10.8%)

__________________
jperry is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #372
squeekybobo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 240
Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by jperry
Hey there, has anyone tried to clone the tenth anniversary ruination? I have been searching all over and found that its basically just double the amount of hops and a higher abv. (10.8%)
Well, you'd up the 2row a bit to push up the abv, ad add a few more ounces of centennial and a couple ounces of citra, plus more dry hop of cent/citra from what I understAnd. Me, I'm almost afraid of having 5 gallons of that on tap :-)
__________________
squeekybobo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #373
jperry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 613
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Default


Yea I figured that was all it is, more 2-row and 2x the hops... Thanks for the response. 5 gallons is a little much, I would only do 2-3 gallons, since Im the only beer drinker in my house and I have to bottle. Plus the ingredients will cost a lot. I need to figure out how to get the most aroma out of the dry hops, before I go throwing a bunch in and wasting them (I read that yeast will take flush out most aroma, when you dry hop too soon. I also read in BYO, that warmer conditioning temp. brings out the hop aroma better). Ill need a big starter too, will I be able to build up a starter, with one vial, or do I need two?

__________________
jperry is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #374
squeekybobo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 240
Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by jperry
Yea I figured that was all it is, more 2-row and 2x the hops... Thanks for the response. 5 gallons is a little much, I would only do 2-3 gallons, since Im the only beer drinker in my house and I have to bottle. Plus the ingredients will cost a lot. I need to figure out how to get the most aroma out of the dry hops, before I go throwing a bunch in and wasting them (I read that yeast will take flush out most aroma, when you dry hop too soon. I also read in BYO, that warmer conditioning temp. brings out the hop aroma better). Ill need a big starter too, will I be able to build up a starter, with one vial, or do I need two?
You could pitch 2 or 3 packs of Us-05 for the price of liquid yeast. Otherwise, you could build up a starter with one vial. There are ways :-). Buy the hops in bulk instead of in 1oz increments. With the 2012 season, centennial pellets should be available soon, same with citra. Check out yakimavalleyhops.com for that. As far as dry hop timing, I dry hop about 7 days before I bottle/keg. So, if you plan on keeping the beer in the fermenter for 4 weeks, put them in a hop sack and throw them in for the final week.
__________________
squeekybobo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #375
mcotter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 42
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default


Brewed this per the OP's extract recipe. OG was 1.074, just took a hydrometer reading after 12 days in the primary and it's at 1.016. Didn't quite hit the numbers I was hoping for but I'm calling that close enough. Plan on dry hopping tomorrow.

Also, went ahead and made a yeast starter as suggested, thanks again for the tips.

__________________
mcotter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #376
jwm1485
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: milwaukee
Posts: 82
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default


Does anyone know how much 2row and dme I should use if I wanted to convert this to a partial mash brew?
thanks

__________________
jwm1485 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #377
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 4,372
Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrubHead View Post
Brewed this one and dry hopped. Hydro sample tastes great but not as sweet as the original. Might need to mash a bit higher temp next time and/or bump crystal malt.
I've always been very happy with using Crystal to color and the sweetness it brings to the party for pales and IPAs.
__________________

_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #378
Monkfish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 88
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default


Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has seen/could post the new recipe that Mitch made public recently (I read that Columbus and Citra are now used.) If anyone has it could they please post it? I brewed Yoopers' recipe several months back and it was fantastic - I'd like to see how the new recipe compares.

Thanks!
MF

__________________
Monkfish is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #379
CastleBlack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DALE CITY
Posts: 222
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has seen/could post the new recipe that Mitch made public recently (I read that Columbus and Citra are now used.) If anyone has it could they please post it? I brewed Yoopers' recipe several months back and it was fantastic - I'd like to see how the new recipe compares.

Thanks!
MF
Apologies if it has been posted here and I missed it.

Any chance you could re-post it at some point?

Thanks and happy brewing to ya.
__________________
CastleBlack is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #380
StinkyVp
Dictator
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Douglasville
Posts: 107
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Black version of this?


I'm wanting to make a Black IIPA. Would I add a pound of black malt or what? Is 1 LB too much? I've brewed this recipe three times. I add another pound of 2 row just to make sure I hit my numbers.
Does this sound interesting to anyone?

__________________
StinkyVp is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stone Ruination Ale Blender Commercial Brew Discussion 19 06-28-2010 10:09 PM
Stone Ruination IPA BarleyWater Commercial Brew Discussion 2 12-29-2009 10:56 PM
Stone Ruination Clone w/ starter question forces Extract Brewing 15 12-16-2009 09:33 PM
Bottle Conditioning a Stone Ruination Clone Glavin Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 10-27-2009 09:39 PM
First AG - Stone Ruination IPA Clone seigex All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 25 08-16-2009 11:15 AM