Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Stone Ruination Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #131
Tizzomes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Planning my next brew with my wife and you Dogfish extract clone was awesome!! So I was leaning towards that and ran into this thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #132
beninan
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

I brewed this last night to try out my new mash tun. I didn't check my gravities until I was ready to pitch the yeast. My OG was 1.052, ouch.... So I had decided to mash the grain again, collected another 2 gallons of wort, and boiled that for around 4 hours until there was only around 1/2 gallon left. The gravity of the concentrate was around 1.135. After adding the concentrated wort and my starter to the batch, I reached the 6 gallon mark at 1.066. I guess we will see how this turns out. I started at 9 AM and didn't finish until midnight. Looks like I have some bugs to fix with my process and new mash tun.

"Stop giving me credit for those stupid quotes! For that last time it wasn't me! STFU NOOB!" <-- Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #133
Tizzomes
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It's brew day and realized I ordered 1oz of Magnum.....still rolling with this brew it's Sun and my LHBS is closed.Hoping it works out!!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #134
BeachedBumm
Recipes 

I just brewed the extract recipe today on my stove top. I live in Vegas so its way to hot out to consider brewing out doors right now. My question is I started with a 2.5 gallon boil but lost about a good .5 gallon due to evaporation so the end result was a delicious smelling green wort! Even after adding more water to the fermentor to the 5.5 mark it was still pretty dark green from all the hop additions. Has anyone else had this issue? Im hoping its just a S ton of trub that will settle before dry hopping. Also i went with 9lbs of DME and had a OG of 1.077 but only pitched a White Labs tube. The ol lady and I decided to brew this up while we were having some beers the day before so there was no time for a starter. My second question is after a week if my gravity isnt where it should be can I pitch a second tube or use a packet of dry yeast to further attenuate?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #135
smagee
Most impressive "member"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

If it gets to that point, I'd re-pitch, but you may get there as-is. Just be alert that you may get some esters or harsh flavors, particularly with the weather being as warm as it is (unless you have a fermentation chiller?).

I've never had pure green wort before, but it'll change a bit as time passes and fermentation takes place, so a fair bit of it will likely settle out.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #136
Moose777
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I started at 9 AM and didn't finish until midnight

KEG 1: (ON TAP) Waldo Lake Amber
KEG 2 :(ON TAP) Imperial Stout
KEG 3: (ON TAP) Irish Red Ale [COLOR="Blue"]
KEG 4:(On Tap) Centennial Blonde
KEG 5: Creamy Bikini
KEG 6:

On deck:
Vanilla Bourbon Porter (for this winter)
Ed Worts Oktoberfest with Kolsh yeast Yummmy
Yooper Stone Ruination IPA

Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #137
petrostar
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I brewed this again yesterday and am excited. I ended up with 12 gallons of Wort @ 1.071OG. I used wlp002 English ale yeast last time and wasn't able to control my fermentation temps. I am fermenting in a 65 degree environment this time and using wlp001 California ale yeast. Also did a 45 minute flame out hop addition instead of immediately chilling. I am very excited to see how this turns out and will let you all know also. Btw, in case it wasn't said before, this recipe is really really good even with the previous mistakes I made.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #138
beninan
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose777

Started at 9 am. After organizing my brewday schedule, heating water, mashing, heating water, sparging, boiling, finding out my gravity was way low, thinking of what to do, heated more water, mashed again, heated more water, sparged again, boiled for 4 hours to concentrate it, mixing in the concentrate, pitching the yeast, and after finishing all the cleaning, it was midnight. Im drining this batch now, and its mighty fine.

"Stop giving me credit for those stupid quotes! For that last time it wasn't me! STFU NOOB!" <-- Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #139
rampage1
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbambuti View Post
I'm doing the basic recipe, but have substituted all amarillo. Hydro sample tasted fabulous. Looking forward to dry hopping this in a few days. However, it is now its own DIPA, not a clone in any way. I don't care. I just want to make delicious beer.
How did the recipe with the Amarillo substitution work out with the Ruination? Amarillo is one my my favorites. Could you share the recipe with me please? Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #140
SilverZero
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Old thread, but looks like a great recipe! I'm going to start doing the math for this so I can do a batch next weekend. I've got the Magnum, some Perle, and a bit of Cascades. I'll be getting more hops, obviously, but any thoughts on mixing in the Perle and Cascades somewhere along the line?

I'll probably do a FWH and a late hop instead of the written schedule, plus a dry hop (duh).

Looks so good! I'm glad this will be a good young drinker, since I'm only 6 days into my first fermentation (SNPA clone) and I'm just dying to get it done!

Quick Reply