WLP005 Batch Size (Gallons):
5.5 Original Gravity:
1.075 Final Gravity:
71.0 Boiling Time (Minutes):
14.25 °SRM Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
8days at 70F Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
14days at 70F Tasting Notes:
Nice strong hoppy taste with just a tad of sweetness....
1 lbs. Melanoidin Malt
7 lbs. Muntons Light LME
1 lbs. Light Brown Sugar
2 oz. Perle (Whole, 8.25 %AA) boiled 60 min.
.5 oz. Sterling (Whole, 7.50 %AA) boiled 30 min.
.5 oz. Sterling (Whole, 7.50 %AA) boiled 15 min.
1tsp Irish Moss
4oz Peach Extract
1. Steep the Melanoidin for 20-25 mins
2. Remove from heat and add the LME and Light Brown Sugar
3. Bring to boil
4. Add the Perle hops
5. With 30 mins left, add .5 oz Sterling
6. With 15 mins left, add .5 oz Sterling and 1 tsp Irish Moss
7. Let cool, rack to primary
8. After 8 days, add Peach extract to secondary then rack onto it
9. After 14 days bottle and drink!
Hope you enjoy.