Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Extract - MY 60 minute IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
boochuckles
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So do they stay in for ten days when the SG levels out?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #32
Dutchbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Bringing this thread back to life...I brewed this in September and it is gone. Shared some with the friend who introduced me to home brewing and he loved it. Tomorrow I plan on doing another batch while introducing a potential new brewer to the hobby. Hops away!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 AM   #33
tishimself0317
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm pretty fired up at this recipe and will be gathering the supplies this week. This will be my first deviation from in the box recipe kits so I do have a couple of questions. First, is this a standard 3 gallon of water starter? Second, what do the percentages after the DME mean? Third, the grain type, British Amber Malt, and my local supply store carries Crisp Amber Malt. Is this the same or would it completely destroy the recipe? Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #34
ShaKeyJ
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishimself0317
I'm pretty fired up at this recipe and will be gathering the supplies this week. This will be my first deviation from in the box recipe kits so I do have a couple of questions. First, is this a standard 3 gallon of water starter? Second, what do the percentages after the DME mean? Third, the grain type, British Amber Malt, and my local supply store carries Crisp Amber Malt. Is this the same or would it completely destroy the recipe? Any other suggestions?

Cheers!
The percentages should add up to 100% for the grains. If you input recipes into programs they usually tell you the percent of each. The recipe is for a 5 gallon batch (primary) so depending on your brew kettle size 3 gallon wort is probably good option. Not sure about the amber malt. You can check with the store but since it's a small percent of the grains it is probably ok. Good luck! Take good notes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
monkey50187
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishimself0317
I'm pretty fired up at this recipe and will be gathering the supplies this week. This will be my first deviation from in the box recipe kits so I do have a couple of questions. First, is this a standard 3 gallon of water starter? Second, what do the percentages after the DME mean? Third, the grain type, British Amber Malt, and my local supply store carries Crisp Amber Malt. Is this the same or would it completely destroy the recipe? Any other suggestions? Cheers!
I would do a five gallon boil if possible. With this many hops and ibus you may not get the hop utilization you want from the recipe with three gallons.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #36
GibbyGibson
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

I'm posting because in interested in replicating. I haven't done an IPA yet and this one caught my eye. Thanks for the post.

Quick Reply