Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #971
VoodooManX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzomes View Post
AG sounds like the way to go brother, it's my near future doing a bunch of reading and brewing.
Good Luck..
Check out the BIAB. It's really quite easy and fun.

Just brew it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #972
RIT_Warrior
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzomes View Post
18 DOLLARS I bought everything today from my LHBS 3..3.3lbs extract, hops, liquid yeast, caps, steeping grains, grain bag, priming sugar it ran me about 80 bucks.I am so excited to brew this batch, but I would be doing back flips if I got all the material for 18 dollars!Where did you place your order?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooManX View Post
www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

I'm brewing AG and have a good yeast cake I want to use, so no yeast. I keg, so no caps or priming sugar. I just re-checked my order and it was $22 for this one and $18 for the stout. I did drop the base grain from 13 to 11lbs though, but as is would have been 26ish.

I'm also brewing 5gal batches.
One cost problem with this beer in particular is the hops - Warrior, Simcoe and Amarillo are all proprietary strains, and the latter 2 in particular are rather scarce in bulk at the moment and very expensive by the ounce. Without the hops this recipe would only run me $7 or $8 for the grain and yeast, but add in the hops and I'm looking closer to $30.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #973
jhenderson27
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Brewing wxtract has its positives. Cheaper equipment, more calculated, less room for error. With all grain the bill for grain is cheaper however equipment is a big investment and the possibility of an oops is higher. Oops dont always end well at my house. If my gf hears oops she has learned to duck and cover.

Go Big or Go Home!

It's not speed that kills, its the sudden stop that tends to hurt!

Big Gulp eh, Well See ya Later!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #974
Tizzomes
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT_Warrior

One cost problem with this beer in particular is the hops - Warrior, Simcoe and Amarillo are all proprietary strains, and the latter 2 in particular are rather scarce in bulk at the moment and very expensive by the ounce. Without the hops this recipe would only run me $7 or $8 for the grain and yeast, but add in the hops and I'm looking closer to $30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenderson27
Brewing wxtract has its positives. Cheape
r equipment, more calculated, less room for error. With all grain the bill for grain is cheaper however equipment is a big investment and the possibility of an oops is higher. Oops dont always end well at my house. If my gf hears oops she has learned to duck and cover.

Either way this will be my 5th extract batch I got over the cost pretty quick I'm sure most people do.Having a newborn in the house is kind of holding back from going AG.I know I would have to walk away for something then a Holy #!*& moment would happen.

FYI:
BEER WARS GREAT MOVIE

Old 04-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #975
VoodooManX
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Brewed this last night. Slightly different hops schedule and a couple less lb's of 2row, but threw it on a Notty cake and it's bubblin' away happy this morning. Excited to try it.

Just brew it.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #976
borrachio
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewed this last night as well. Pacman is already shooting out the blowoff

Primary: Nothing
Secondary: AHS Kolsch
Bottle conditioning: Nothing
Drinking: whiskey - no beer ready

Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #977
bjorn_brewery
Recipes 

Anyone have advice on what the optimum timing is for this beer? I want to have it mature nicely, but not overshoot that juicy early hop phase.

I'll be kegging it most likely.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:25 AM   #978
Tizzomes
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Just got done brewing this on can't wait thanks for the recipe!!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #979
Warwick316
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I just brewed this a week ago with 1187 Ringwood yeast and I started fermentation at 63 F for the first 4 days, but the temperature here in Utah has dropped and my ferm fridge in the garage got down to about 53f and now it is sitting in there at about 56F. I don't have a heater in there. Will this temp drop affect this beer? Should I try to warm it up or just leave it alone?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #980
Tizzomes
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I brewed this beer on Saturday night and realized I forgot to take a gravity ready (I know amateur move) well it's Tuesday and it's STILL going, fermenting like crazy.My 6.5 gallon glass carboy is foaming out of the airlock so obviously the yeast is doing a great job.My question would be, when would be a good time to rack to secondary to dry hop? I have no O.G to go by two weeks my be three..?

Quick Reply