Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #521
jamie3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I peeked in the IPA today just to be curious.

What the heck is going on? Did aliens abducted my yeast?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #522
gmtech825
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i pulled a sample after this has been on the gas for almost a week, it taste great but it is a lot lighter than the pictures others have posted. it also has some chill haze that im hoping will wear off soon.

I blame the media blamers

Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #523
nootay
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie3 View Post
I peeked in the IPA today just to be curious.

What the heck is going on? Did aliens abducted my yeast?
my wheat ale looks similar after a week in primary. its my first beer so i figured it was just normal. interested to see what the verdict is!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #524
pernox
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I got my first somewhat-clean sample of this today.. I have had it on gas about a week now, and have pulled a 1/2cup measure or so each day to get the skank out of the bottom of the keg and see how it's doing (I'm a pretty new brewer - gotta experience everything, y'know? ) and in that week it's gotten itself to being one madman of a brew. This, folks, is one serious beer. It's not nearly clear yet, but with my questionable process I'm not surprised. I hit a big efficiency and attenuated well with the 22g of Nottingham I (over)pitched, and wound up with a 7.5% ABV beer. Can't imagine how good this is going to be after it's been cooling for a couple weeks and had time to get itself into proper form. I bottled off four bombers, too, and I think I'll stash them 'til Independence Day to see what happens. I may just be on my third keg of the stuff by then... So it'll be nice to compare "keg-fresh" to "finely conditioned" and see how they compare.

Thanks again, Yoop.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #525
gmtech825
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i found out my thermometer was wrong when i brewed this so i mashed at like 145 ish, it still taste great though.

I blame the media blamers

Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #526
tamoore
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Adding this one to the brewing schedule. It's a few brews out, but I love DFH60, and this one seems super popular. Thanks for the recipe, Yooper.....

On tap:
ESB
My best IPA
Paddlers Pale Ale

On Deck:
3% Summer Session IPA
SNPA inspired pale ale.

Brewing this week:
Irish Red.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #527
kuips
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I cant seem to take my nose out of the bowl of Amarillo and Simcoe... they smell so good together! I cannot wait for this brew!

Old 04-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #528
nootay
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

ill be brewing this tomorrow! the hops smell terrific

Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #529
snail
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts

If this has already been asked fogive me, but the dryhopping is a little confusing. The all-grain recipe says to add warrior for the first 25 minutes a few pellets at a time. But the extract recipe says to add half the warrior at 60 mins and the other half a few pellets at a time until 35 mins left in boil. Why is the hopping schedule different for each process?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #530
raymcgill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail View Post
If this has already been asked forgive me, but the dry hopping is a little confusing. The all-grain recipe says to add warrior for the first 25 minutes a few pellets at a time. But the extract recipe says to add half the warrior at 60 mins and the other half a few pellets at a time until 35 mins left in boil. Why is the hopping schedule different for each process?
1. This isn't dry hopping, its... wet hopping during boil. Dry hopping is after its cooled.
2. Hopping schedule, its close enough. DFH does continuous add to the 35 min mark, I think. Why different? I don't know. I don't think it matters. Comments?

Raymond
who still hasn't brewed this...

Quick Reply