Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #491
dummkauf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace11uehman View Post
So this recipe is about 34 bucks or so?
mine came out to $54, though I used more hops for dry hopping than yooper's recipe(I don't have a vacuum sealer and decided I should use up the extras), plus I think I bought a blowoff tube too which is $2-$3 of that price, so about $50. That's extract prices though too, all grain may be cheaper, but since I don't do all grain yet I wouldn't know

Though when I was in the brew shop buying ingredients for the wheat beer I'm brewing right now, the guy mentioned that hop prices had just dropped, so it may be cheaper now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #492
dummkauf
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_reaper1066 View Post
So I just got back from the LHBS. As I walk in, "Oh hey, your order came in a few days ago, we just didn't bother to call you." Well thanks, I guess. I look through the ingredients, and they forget to send me the simco hops! Not to pleased at this point. Then the guy comes out from the back room with the wyeast smack pack, which is completely inflated and at room temperature. So now I'm set back another 2 - 3 days and very angry with the only business in town that can order beer stuff.
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/starter-kits

Those are both local to me. I shop at Midwest because they are close to my office and they tend to be a bit cheaper than NB.....either one will ship straight to your house, no need to mess around with a local middle man if they don't have the stuff on hand

Old 03-26-2010, 03:47 AM   #493
jim_reaper1066
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help but I don't think they ship to canada, and I don't think I could afford the international shipping if they did! It's though being a starving grad student, so when these guys will order in supplies without shipping I have to go with the flow.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:56 AM   #494
dummkauf
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_reaper1066 View Post
Thanks for the help but I don't think they ship to canada, and I don't think I could afford the international shipping if they did! It's though being a starving grad student, so when these guys will order in supplies without shipping I have to go with the flow.
my bad should've looked at your location Though you look like you're close to the border. I work with some Canadians who just get a drop box on the other side of the border for having things shipped. the place will hold their packages til they show up to get them. Sounds like a good way to get around shipping charges, I've been told tariffs at the border are far cheaper than shipping(so I've been told, I'm not a Canadian so I can't personally vouch for any of this)....just a thought though.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #495
FungusBrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Whoa, turned out great.

Yooper,

Amazing. Thanks so much for posting this recipe, it turned out wonderful! I can almost feel the water turn under the ship, sailing out the high seas to India...Ohhh yeah..life is good.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #496
jamie3
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace11uehman View Post
So this recipe is about 34 bucks or so?
This extract recipe cost me almost $60 in Canada using the DME.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #497
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 794 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 548

A 10 gallon all grain batch using bulk grain and hops and US-05 comes to about $37.00 in Beersmith for me. What a bargain!

Old 03-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #498
jamie3
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
A 10 gallon all grain batch using bulk grain and hops and US-05 comes to about $37.00 in Beersmith for me. What a bargain!
Insane!

Living in canada is too expensive

I have to move to the states

Old 03-28-2010, 05:30 AM   #499
dummkauf
Recipes 

This brew never ceases to impress yooper!

My soon-to-be-father-in-law was over tonight and we were grilling, and I have never seen him drink a beer in the over 3 years I have known him, but since I've been over in his garage borrowing tools for making various brewing contraptions, and he also donated a turkey fryer & propane tank to the cause, he asked for a sip of my beer(DFH 60 min clone) out of curiosity. He then sat there for a few minutes until he finally asked if he could have a glass

This was also the first time my fiance had ever seen him drinking beer and she's known him way longer than me(her entire life)

Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #500
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 794 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummkauf View Post
This brew never ceases to impress yooper!

My soon-to-be-father-in-law was over tonight and we were grilling, and I have never seen him drink a beer in the over 3 years I have known him, but since I've been over in his garage borrowing tools for making various brewing contraptions, and he also donated a turkey fryer & propane tank to the cause, he asked for a sip of my beer(DFH 60 min clone) out of curiosity. He then sat there for a few minutes until he finally asked if he could have a glass

This was also the first time my fiance had ever seen him drinking beer and she's known him way longer than me(her entire life)
See what good beer does...brings everyone together. I love it! You should be proud! And this is the best reicpe! Thanks Again Yoop!

Quick Reply