Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #1611
brew2enjoy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts

Dogfish uses pellet hops so I think you'll be fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #1612
G_Brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

brewed a 10 gal batch of this, and just finished drinking my last keg... this brew was great, i'm planing on brewing it again very soon.. I used pellet hops for the dry hopping also. the only critisism i could give is that i don't remember dogfish 60 being THIS grapefruity... the amarillo made this VERY grapefruity, now i havn't had dogfish for well over a year as i live in canada and it's hard to come by out here... But friends of mine that enjoy craft beer were over and couldn't stop drinking it.. it was a great brew.

Go brew something!!! :)

Old 07-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #1613
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4279 Times on 3118 Posts
Likes Given: 825

I think when it's really fresh (like a fresh keg on tap), the DFH is grapefruity. But I've only been able to get some aged/older bottles and it's much more subdued than my version.

I was at a graduation party yesterday, and an aquaintance was talking about a friend's awesome IPA and that it was his favorite beer. Just then, the friend walked up (lschiavo from this forum) and laughed and pointed to me and said "it's her recipe!"

I think the reason it's so good is that it's hoppy, but not bitter. I love a good firmly bitter IPA of course, but this beer is not very bitter and so it's refreshing and easy to drink.

I've been dabbling with lowering the OG to try to make it a session beer for quite a while now, but my favorite version is still the original!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #1614
Brewmaster_CPA
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey guys! I'm new to brewing and interested in this clone since it is my favorite IPA. I was trying to look through the pages but is the recommended recipe still the one on the first page from 2007? I am interested in doing extract or partial mash. Thanks!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #1615
zeekage
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Indeed it is. Brew away!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #1616
ZombieBrew83
Made in Detroit
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmaster_CPA View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to brewing and interested in this clone since it is my favorite IPA. I was trying to look through the pages but is the recommended recipe still the one on the first page from 2007? I am interested in doing extract or partial mash. Thanks!
I brewed the original extract version Yooper list in the front of this thread and it came out amazing. I would not change a thing! For extract, it was very close to the original DFH from what I can remember. Good luck!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #1617
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 317 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 517

So my second attempt at this bad-boy came out quite swimmingly. So delicious and packs a punch - I mashed at a few degress lower than I should have thanks to a poorly-calibrated thermometer, but all in all a great showcase for the simcoe hops and a touch of amber malt. One of my favourites.

Dogfish 60 on tap is definitely a bonus to have at my house.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #1618
sivdrinks
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I doubled all but the bittering hops. I just couldn't believe that that few hops would result in a 60 Minute clone. Beer was great, not sure I'd go with the OP recipe exactly, just my taste. I did two batches of a Pale Ale with only 2nd dry hop and it was barely noticeable, 3 oz was very nice. On second though, I'd make the OP recipe and just have a bigger IPA on tap next to it.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #1619
harpsbight
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

cant get my hands on the 6 oz of thomas fawcett amber.... any recs on what i should get as a substitute. Also, NB is out of amarillo gold; is the zythos blend a good sub for this recipe?
thanks in advance!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #1620
sivdrinks
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpsbight
cant get my hands on the 6 oz of thomas fawcett amber.... any recs on what i should get as a substitute. Also, NB is out of amarillo gold; is the zythos blend a good sub for this recipe?
thanks in advance!
Farmhouse brewing has both, do not substitute! Zythos if anything is close to Citra in my experience.

Quick Reply