Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #1601
sivdrinks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew2enjoy
Kegged an AG batch of this Monday, pulled a pint last night and it's great. Needs to clear a little more, not sure if I am going to put gelatin on this one yet. The color seems lighter then the real thing but it's pretty close in flavor/aroma. I followed the hop schedule in Sam's "Xtreme Brewing" book. It calls for mixing all the hops together and continually hopping right from the beginning (instead of just warrior for the first 30). It also calls for a 1/2oz of Amarillo at flamout. Dryhopping was the same (1oz Amarillo, 1/2oz Sincoe). Really turned out well, and it's still young.
Does he give the exact schedule and the hops? Wondering if there's Palisade in there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #1602
brew2enjoy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivdrinks View Post
Does he give the exact schedule and the hops? Wondering if there's Palisade in there.
It does. No Palisade, just Amarillo, Simcoe & Warrior

Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #1603
oaktree
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivdrinks View Post
But if hes dry hopping that would push it to 5 weeks, I wouldn't go anymore than 2. Either rack the beer off the hops or remove the bag if you have them in one and do what he suggested about bottling a sixer.
Yeah,
I don't have another carboy to rack onto and I had just thrown in the pellets in there so no bag to remove either. Guess will just have to take a chance on this one and watch it like a hawk everyday for signs

Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #1604
ShermanTank
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I used this recipe as a guide and used comparable hops I had on hand. After one week in primary and one week in secondary with dry hops, I legged the batch. One week later I am now drinking what is arguably, the best IPA I've ever had. I'm also quasi choking on a piece of popcorn kernel that's stuck in my throat. Lucky me, I get to try and drink it away! Cheers!!!

Primary: Fountain of Truth Imperial IPA
Secondary: None
Kegged: Scotch Ale; Northern Brewer's Golden Dragon Belgian Special Ale; Ends in Day IPA
Bottles: Summer Ale; Rogue Brutal IPA; Black IPA; English Barleywine; Imperial IPA
Up Next: AG Irish Red or Oktoberfest
This is a Full-On Obsession now!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #1605
duhviz
Recipes 

I brewed this 4 weeks ago; 2 weeks in primary, 1 week dry hopped and bottled 1 week ago. My question is when I did a test bottle today it barely hissed and was nearly 100% flat. I feel I may have under pitched with only 1 pack of s-05 dry yeast rehydrated. I added about 3/4th cup of priming sugar and you can taste the sweetness is still there. Conditioning temp is 68. Any thoughts on if this will improve with time or should I add a bit of yeast to each bottle?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #1606
slarkman
Recipes 

It will be hard but I would give it one more week.
Cheers

Under The Stairs Brewing Co.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #1607
sivdrinks
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhviz
I brewed this 4 weeks ago; 2 weeks in primary, 1 week dry hopped and bottled 1 week ago. My question is when I did a test bottle today it barely hissed and was nearly 100% flat. I feel I may have under pitched with only 1 pack of s-05 dry yeast rehydrated. I added about 3/4th cup of priming sugar and you can taste the sweetness is still there. Conditioning temp is 68. Any thoughts on if this will improve with time or should I add a bit of yeast to each bottle?
2-3 weeks in the bottle, all will be good. One pack of S05 is fine.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #1608
ShermanTank
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Give it some time. When I bottled, I typically had to wait 3-4 weeks, especially at that temp. If you won't a faster product, put your bottles in a warmer area (75ish) and it will shave off a week. Or your can start kegging like I did last year. Pm me and I will give you my kegging advice.

Tank

Primary: Fountain of Truth Imperial IPA
Secondary: None
Kegged: Scotch Ale; Northern Brewer's Golden Dragon Belgian Special Ale; Ends in Day IPA
Bottles: Summer Ale; Rogue Brutal IPA; Black IPA; English Barleywine; Imperial IPA
Up Next: AG Irish Red or Oktoberfest
This is a Full-On Obsession now!

Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #1609
duhviz
Recipes 

Thanks for the advice on waiting, turned out great. So good in fact I entered it in a local home brew competition. My only variation was to use biscuit malt and s 05.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #1610
nickmv
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Brewing this up today. I'm a bit disappointed as I was only able to source pellet hops in time to brew today, but I'm sure it'll still be good.

Since I do partial mash full boils (really need to just go AG), I simply put 5lbs of DME in to replace some of the 2-row. I'm left with about 5.25 lbs of 2 row and amber to mash in a 5 gallon cooler. Shouldn't be an issue.

This will be my first brew to put on tap on a 7cu ft freezer I'm about to convert. 10 inch collar, 3 taps.

Primary #1 (SS Brew Bucket):
Primary #2 (SS 7G Chronical):
Primary #3 (Better Bottle): Rye Saison
Secondary #1: Pinot Grigio Kit
Secondary #2: Pinot Grigio Kit
Secondary #3: Gewurztraminer Kit
On-Deck:
Kegged & Waiting: Citra Black IPA
ON TAP: n/a
2014 Beers So Far:
Belgian Wit | Burton IPA | Belgian Wit | Black IPA | Rye Saison | Hefeweizen