Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #1151
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4469 Times on 3252 Posts
Likes Given: 868

I never used bags before, but with my new brewing system, I have to bag up leaf hops or my pump clogs up immediately with ONE little leaf!

Since I add hops often, I use a big paint strainer bag and built a sorta kinda hops spider. It stays open (no burned fingers) and doesn't clog up my pump! I'll see if I can find a link or picture.

Edit- there's a picture! Up above, about 15 posts above mine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 AM   #1152
Ozzfest05
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I wrap my hop bag around pot handles and ad continuously . It's almost easier than not using a bag .

Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #1153
Fuse
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tagged so I can find this again. Sounds like a must brew. Thanks!

Old 11-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #1154
Sangre
Recipes 

I don't know what happend. I brewed the extract version. Tasted amazing! Then a few weeks later, a very strange flavor. I hate it! copper nutty off taste.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #1155
Hoser00
Recipes 

Default A little help please...

This is my first attempt at home brewing and I'm trying to follow Yooper's DFH 60min Extract recipe... Everything is going great through primary fermentation (2 weeks).

How long does this need to ferment in the secondary? It looks from the recipe that you siphon it to the glass carboy, immediately dry hop, and then it's ready in a week... three weeks seems too short. Does it need to be in the secondary fermentor for a couple weeks before you dry hop?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Old 11-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #1156
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser00 View Post
This is my first attempt at home brewing and I'm trying to follow Yooper's DFH 60min Extract recipe... Everything is going great through primary fermentation (2 weeks).

How long does this need to ferment in the secondary? It looks from the recipe that you siphon it to the glass carboy, immediately dry hop, and then it's ready in a week... three weeks seems too short. Does it need to be in the secondary fermentor for a couple weeks before you dry hop?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
I don't usually siphon it to a "secondary", I usually dryhop in the fermenter and then package 5-7 days later. I like to have the hops aroma "fresh" and it seems like about 5 days is enough for dryhopping.

I don't typically age many beers, especially IPAs.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #1157
palmm
Recipes 

just brewed it today for the first time: changed the hops up a little due to the local homebrew store stock. 1 1/4 ounce galena, half bag at 60 minutes, 1 or 2 pellets till 35 minutes left. combined 1 ounce amarillo and 1 ounce citra in a bowl and put in 1 to 2 pellets till boil over. nottingham yeast used with irish moss. was going to dry hop 1 ounce amarillo and .5 ounce citra at 14 days. the beer is in the fermenter, i will update when it is in the bottle.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #1158
Brew_Meister
Recipes 

Did not get to this a couple weeks ago as planned, but I have spent all week stepping up my pacman. They are in the fridge ready to go! Tomorrow I will pull the trigger and brew this up, it will be my third all grain. Going with Yooper's original recipe. I will be testing out my new homebuilt hop spider on this as well. I am looking forward to tasting this.

Cheers

Old 11-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #1159
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Meister View Post
Did not get to this a couple weeks ago as planned, but I have spent all week stepping up my pacman. They are in the fridge ready to go! Tomorrow I will pull the trigger and brew this up, it will be my third all grain. Going with Yooper's original recipe. I will be testing out my new homebuilt hop spider on this as well. I am looking forward to tasting this.

Cheers
Let us know how it goes!

I'm going to have to make this again, because I just got two pounds of leaf simcoe and two pounds of amarillo pellets! A 10 gallon batch just barely fits in my MLT.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #1160
Brew_Meister
Recipes 

Just finished with my mash and heating wort to boil. Temps and volumes were right on, preboil SG was 1.047. Here is a photo of the wort with my new spider and the anxious pacman waiting to attack the wort. I'm excited about this one.

image-3135195959.jpg   image-3067102016.jpg  

Quick Reply