Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #1131
BigTerp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummkauf View Post
Just tapped the keg of my Amarillo/Citra version of this. Plus my pound of Simcoe just showed up today too, so I should be good to go with this brew all year assuming I can keep finding pacman
Wash that pacman!!!

I'll be dryhopping mine tonight and washing as much pacman and I can get out of my primary. OG got down to 1.014. Was hoping to get closer to .010, but I don't think I areated well enough. I have enough simcoe for only 3 more 5 gallon batches . Hopefully I can get my hands on some more!!!
Primary #1: Caribou Slobber Brown Ale
Primary #2: Pumpkin Ale
Primary #3:
Primary #4:
Bottled: Caramel Amber Ale, Dead Ringer IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #1132
dummkauf
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTerp View Post
Wash that pacman!!!

I'll be dryhopping mine tonight and washing as much pacman and I can get out of my primary. OG got down to 1.014. Was hoping to get closer to .010, but I don't think I areated well enough. I have enough simcoe for only 3 more 5 gallon batches . Hopefully I can get my hands on some more!!!
I got that bag from FreshHops, sure they'd be more than happy to sell you a couple pounds if you want

Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #1133
BigTerp
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummkauf View Post
I got that bag from FreshHops, sure they'd be more than happy to sell you a couple pounds if you want
I checked Freshops and they seem to be out. Austin Homebrew has whole leaf and I'll probably pick some up with my next order.

I think pacman is only available starting in June (or somewhere around ther). I got my smack pack in October from AHS and it had a manufactured date of June, 2011. Do you ever wash your yeast? I got a TON of pacman from my washing last night. I ended up with 5 pint sized mason jars (probably could have gotten more) and this morning there looked to be about the equivalant of a smack pack worth of yeast in each. This is the first time I've used it, but I've heard so many good things about it I wanted to get some on hand.
Primary #3:
Primary #4:

Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #1134
Brew_Meister
Recipes 

Just waiting for my Simcoe to be delivered tomorrow to brew this. Probably wont get to it until this weekend, but had a question. I am following Yoopers recipe on page one that has 67 IBUs and Beersmith takes mine to 77 IBUs. The hops i must have higher IBUs, the Warrior are 16.7%AA and the Amarillo are 10.3%AA which seem higher than average for these hops. Should I just lower the amount of hops to add or not worry about the 10 IBU difference?

Cheers!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #1135
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4369 Times on 3177 Posts
Likes Given: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Meister View Post
Just waiting for my Simcoe to be delivered tomorrow to brew this. Probably wont get to it until this weekend, but had a question. I am following Yoopers recipe on page one that has 67 IBUs and Beersmith takes mine to 77 IBUs. The hops i must have higher IBUs, the Warrior are 16.7%AA and the Amarillo are 10.3%AA which seem higher than average for these hops. Should I just lower the amount of hops to add or not worry about the 10 IBU difference?

Cheers!
Don't worry about it! The IBUs are an estimate anyway, since the hops are added continuously. I did notice that the amarillo from last year were 4.5% and this year are over 10% AAUs!

Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #1136
Brew_Meister
Recipes 

Awesome, thanks for the reply Yooper! I should have figured that too much hops could never hurt a brew! My Simcoe just arrived this morning. I will be making my starter later today and brewing this weekend. Looking forward to my second AG!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #1137
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 526

Just bottled this up yesterday. I think I did a dumb move though - I put the dry hops in one of those stainless ball thingys, and I think this just prevented much of the aroma from getting in to the beer. It was packed way too tight for my liking when I racked to the bottling bucket.

The sample I tried is bitter as hell (like, REALLY bitter), with not a lot of hop aroma (if any). Hope I didn't bugger it up, and I hope the bitterness subsides a little after 3 weeks of carbonation and aging, and serving chilled.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #1138
DubbelDach
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Got mine rockin' the other night. Added all the Warrior right at 60 minutes because I had other stuff to do. Subbed Honey malt in for the Amber malt and used S-04, not Pacman.

Added the Amarillo and Simcoe gradually from 35 mins to 0 mins (BORRRRING!!!). Since the Amarillo and Simcoe were leaf hops, I used my paint strainer worm clamped to a 4" PVC tube straddled by bungee cords to keep everything bagged:

DD's All-Grain Tutorial

Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #1139
BigTerp
Recipes 

Will be bottling up the extract version of this tonight. When I transfered to my 5-gallon carboy to dry hop it tasted pretty damn good. You can actually taste the continuous hopping. Pretty amazing!!!

I'll be ordering the ingredients to make this from all grain very shortly.

Primary #3:
Primary #4:

Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #1140
blackbear219
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you, Yooper. Thank you for teaching me how to brew the nectar of the gods! It came out AMAZING.

Quick Reply